jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Do people really do shopping on web these days? Whats your experience?

1. 59
    BestConcernsposted 5 years ago

Do you prefer to buy things on web rather than visiting your nearby store?

1. 0
      cookingdivaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think some items are better online and other are offline, once we know what sells, you can promote it.

I think most items such as clothing where you have to try out, would not go well in my opinion but there are clothes online outlets so obviously some people must be buying.

2. ns1209 profile image37
    ns1209posted 5 years ago

Yep, I buy almost all entertainment products on the web - games, DVDs, music, electronics and occasionally other things.

I would never buy certain items like clothing and food though and I am quite careful where I shop.

Overall I buy more offline but certain products I buy online normally and it is better if you target these.

3. 59

Mostly people prefer to go to the main selling sites and find a wide variety of things there and choose one.

Then whats the chance of people refering from an advertisement on a webpage and buying it?

I hope only a buyer can tell whats in his/her mind?

4. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 5 years ago

I live in a small settlement in the Welsh valleys. I can buy basic things for everyday life locally, but that's about it. I would like to support local business more, but the stocks they hold here are so very limited and unimaginative.

It takes me one hour to get to Cardiff, either driving or by train. As a result, I tend to buy a lot online: books, pharmaceuticals and toiletries, wholefoods, major supermarket stock-up shopping, electrical and electronic goods, presents for family, well, anything I can really. It is so much simpler than dragging into Cardiff and wasting a day only not to find what I need.

I do go into shops physically to buy most of my clothes and all my shoes, but I only do that a couple of times a year when I absolutely have to because old things have fallen to bits. I am lucky in that I work from home so I don't need a huge wardrobe. A lot of my clothes (not shoes) come from charity shops, because I prefer the wide choice I have there rather than being restricted to the colours and styles of "the season", which are forced on me if I buy new.

If truth be told, I LOATHE shopping with a passion and have done so most of my life, especially since most shops force me to endure awful and unacceptably loud pop music. Very often I find myself walking out of shops without even looking for what I wanted, because I can't stand the noise.

When I look for things online, I tend to do a search in Google and follow up interesting leads. Unlike most surfers, I will drill down through many pages (20+) of search results to find exactly what I want at the best price. Occasionally I click on adverts if they seem very relevant to my needs. However, I will usually only use an advert to identify a product, and will then do a further search for it, to see if I can find it elsewhere at a better price.

5. hubby7 profile image80
    hubby7posted 5 years ago

I buy books online. My wife shops for groceries online. And from time to time, I buy gifts online. All told, I both shop online and onsite.

6. 59

Well i am comprehending:

Long distance shopping from main town
    Things of interest and passion are bought

what else? could be the reason to buy things on web.

Any more ideas?