jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

How Does A Hub Get Featured On The Front Page?

1. Alison Graham profile image93
    Alison Grahamposted 6 years ago

With the new layout of the HubPages front page, there seem to be fewer opportunities to get a hub featured there (with all the additional traffic that this brings).

How is a hub selected for the front page, does it have to reach a certain score, number of daily visitors, google page rank?

It is difficult to know how to shoot for a spot if you do not know where the goalposts are.

What do other hubbers think?

1. shazwellyn profile image83
      shazwellynposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I brought this up last week... take a look what others think!

W.E. has given you the right link!

Hope it helps and, personally, I dont think it gives many hubbers a chance for that extra incentive and push that we need.

1. 0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Shazwellyn, thanks for your valuable input, here is the link...

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/60504

1. shazwellyn profile image83
          shazwellynposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for saving me again, W.E. smile

2. debmccor profile image59
    debmccorposted 6 years ago

I am new to HUB; however, I agree with your comment.  I would like to know the criteria of being featured on the front page.
    Can somepne help us with this question, please?

3. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 6 years ago

The front page is earned by lots of hard work smile

Alison Grahamposted 6 years ago in reply to this

that may be so theirishobserver - and that was not my point, I asked what the criteria are for selecting a front page hub in the hope that we might all have something to aim for. If we do not know how hard we have to work to get there, many of us might get disheartened, but if we knew what we had to achieve in order to get featured, not only would it motivate us, but would make us more appreciative of the achievement of those whose hubs are featured.

4. Aficionada profile image92
    Aficionadaposted 6 years ago

Kudos to HP staff for adding more articles to the featured Hub section of the front page.  It looks SO GREAT (IMO)!

I have noticed on the Yahoo! front page that they start the week featuring roughly 20 articles.  Each day of the week, they add more, but don't delete the first ones.  By the end of the week, there are about 50+ featured articles.  Then they start the new week with a fresh batch.  Is that something that could be done here?  Would it be helpful?

Add:  I do think Alison has a good point.  It would be nice to know how those featured articles are picked so that Hubbers who are interested in being featured would know what they need to do.

5. lovetherain profile image71
    lovetherainposted 6 years ago

It's not hard to figure out. Just look at what's there. Fabulous, well done hubs with great pictures.

Alison Grahamposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lovetherain, I am not disputing that the featured hubs are good ones - hubpages mission control would not be doing themselves any favours if they featured rubbish ones would they? My point is how do these hubs get chosen? I had a look through the first few and there are none with  a score of 100 so what are the criteria for selection?

working