jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

Amazing traffic this weekend

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

I posted this elsewhere but Nelle says it deserves its own thread smile

I have been worried all weekend there was some sort of attack on my AdSense. I have had 5 or 6 times the traffic and clicks in 3 days as I had for the entire month. There have been about 100,000 on one hub. However, after talking about it with several people, emailing HubPages and Adsense as well, it seems to be legitimate. Most of the hits are coming from Google.

I think I can thank Facebook for this, the weekend push for making avatars cartoon characters means a lot of people were searching on this category. My hub is my top 10 picks for TV cartoon characters from the 50s and 60s which is number one on Google for that topic.

I don't expect this to last and I'm sure my earnings will go back down to their usual levels by tomorrow. Still, it has been an amazing ride.

It goes to show you that you can earn on those type of hubs that are not seen as particularly commercial or are specifically sales hubs. It all basically depends on what is trending on Google at any one time.

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Cool and Congrats! smile

Just enjoy the ride! smile big_smile

3. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

congrats UW! sounds amazing! enjoy! I hope it helps bring a happy holiday season for you. smile

4. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 5 years ago

100,000 visitors in a few days is awesome. It's great to see that FB traffic can covert as well! (I guess you can definitely get that Beatles collection that you've been wanting.)

I hope your success makes the HP front page, because it's great to see a non-commercial hub hit it big.

5. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

100,000 on one hub alone...incredible.

I'm almost at 100,000 after 2 years...
    I am humbled...lol wink

6. About-The-Home profile image60
    About-The-Homeposted 5 years ago

I saw a post on facebook about replacing your profile image with your favourite cartoon character from your childhood. No human faces until December 6th for NSPCC against child abuse. So everyone is looking for cartoon character images! Must have gone viral and maybe that's why you're getting this traffic.

7. jokeapptv profile image59
    jokeapptvposted 5 years ago

thats cool  ..i know i love google.

8. CMHypno profile image88
    CMHypnoposted 5 years ago

Awesome achievement UW. Way to travel!

9. katiem2 profile image60
    katiem2posted 5 years ago

Good for you, it sounds like you've hit the down hill ride to all your hard work.  Enjoy big_smile

10. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago

Congrats UW, hope it will stay that way, that would be good!

11. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

I guess the planets aligned for me this weekend smile

12. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

Good job! Maybe I need to start paying attention to the copied and pasted messages on FB!

13. travelespresso profile image81
    travelespressoposted 5 years ago

Great job UW!  I'll go and have a look at your hub.