jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

Hub not getting indexed ?

1. David 470 profile image87
    David 470posted 6 years ago

On another account, I made a couple of hubs. However, they each have the same title, except the second one has a "part 2" at the end of it.

I been getting great traffic for the one, but the other one is not getting anything.

Is this because my second hub has the same title, and only has a part 2 at the end of it? How can I fix this? They are both about the same topic, but the second one is a continuation.

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't *think* the title should influence the traffic.

What about the content? Do you have less related words in the second one? Remember google often sends a lot of longtail traffic based on various words in the article itself.

David 470posted 6 years ago in reply to this

The only thing I can think of is that the first one has more keywords because theres a paragraph at the top.

1. WryLilt profile image86
          WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Remember - EVERY word is a keyword. But for instance if your topic was dogs, and the first hub was written about dog baths and the second and getting rid of fleas, you'd probably be getting lots more longtail traffic for 'dog baths' and not so much for 'fleas.' I personally am starting to ignore keywords now. I've discovered better ways to get traffic than keywords (thank god, that tool was driving me insane!)

lol

2. David 470 profile image87

It seems I did not interlink the two hubs together. I imagine that would make a difference. There both the same topic, the second one is just a continuation.

3. Vcize profile image61
      Vcizeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Do you mean it's not getting indexed on google or not getting indexed within hubpages?

2. lrohner profile image82
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Whether it's indexed or not, I'm not sure that I would click on a "Part 2" of anything until I had read Part 1. If it's not indexed, I would use the first hub to draw readers into the second. If it is indexed, I would definitely change the name and get rid of the "Part 2" and give readers a link at the very top to back up and go and read the first hub.

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think Irohner has a valid point here in reading part 1 first and using it to send readers to part 2.

In addition I once had a hub take over 6 weeks to index; the title was very similar to several others.  Research pointed me to a hub by Edweirdo (I think) that indicated google doesn't like more than a few (4?) similar titles. 

I realize you only have 2, but this could be part of the problem.  Eventually my own hub did index, and has done well since then.  True, I lost well over a month of "aging" and potential income, but I'm happy with the end result.

working