jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

A couple questions about RSS Feeds with Amazon, Ebay, and HubPages

1. Urbane Chaos profile image89
    Urbane Chaosposted 6 years ago

I recently started a new account here that only does product hubs.  Doing some research on Amazon, I saw something about being able to create custom RSS feeds based on product searches. 

For example, if I only wanted to create an RSS feed on "Sooners Football", Amazon says that this is possible.  Does anyone know anything about this, or how to do it?  Maybe an RSS by top products in a specific category?

I also know that Ebay has an RSS feed, but does Ebay have anything similar to the above?

And finally, within HubPages, is there a way to create an RSS feed that only lists specific hubs based on a keyword?

I appreciate any help on this.. Thanks!

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't know about Amazon, but you can create a feed to detect specific tags on HP, either with or without a specific author.  Would that serve your purpose?

Urbane Chaosposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ahhh...yes, I forgot about that.  I have RSS feeds from my hubs, but I completely forgot about using the tags.  That works perfect - one problem solved, 99 more to go! big_smile  Thanks!!

1. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You are more than welcome.  Isn't that the way it goes, though - 1 down 99 to go! smile

2. SiddSingh profile image60
    SiddSinghposted 6 years ago

Help from Amazon itself -

http://www.amazon.com/gp/tagging/rss-help.html

Create HubPages feed based on specific tags for specific authors -

ht tp://hubpages.com/author/authorname(HP ID)/tagname/best

or

ht tp://hubpages.com/author/authorname(HP ID)/tagname/hot

or

ht tp://hubpages.com/author/authorname(HP ID)/tagname/latest

For example -

ht tp://hubpages.com/author/SiddSingh/sunglasses/best

Urbane Chaosposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I read through that page on Amazon and tried to follow their directions, but.. alas, either my brain is too weak to process the information or I'm just an idiot. big_smile

I went through a few categories that my hubs are based on but never saw the RSS feed image that they spoke of.  I'll keep searching, but so far, no luck.  Thanks!

working