I need HubPages therapy

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (19 posts)
  1. Spacey Gracey profile image39
    Spacey Graceyposted 13 years ago

HubPages is totaly messing with my head right now.

I am trying to plan out my strategy for online earning for next year but my head is a total mess and I just keep ending up with lists and lists of hubs to write.

Grrrr - any familiar faces wanna say hi and distract me from my insanity.

1. Aficionada profile image80
      Aficionadaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi, Spacey Gracey!

I have total confidence in you - you are so prolific and productive.  Just take a few deep breaths and enjoy a few minutes in the forum.  Then pick one of your topics and start chewing!  LOL

You can do it and you'll do an outstanding job. You know you will.  big_smile

2. lovetherain profile image80
      lovetherainposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yes, you can do it. We have faith in you! just focus

3. profile image0
      EmpressFelicityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You lucky sod!  I find it quite hard to think of new stuff to write - if I had more ideas, I'd have twice as many hubs LOL.

4. jaymelee23 profile image65
      jaymelee23posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have a notebook full of lists too... then I feel so overwhelmed by the thought of actually completing all of them, haha I seem to do better when I do some quick research for keywords then write a hub instead of going through the notebook.

2. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Hey Spacey,

I see you are trying to drive yourself mad. lol lol

Spacey Graceyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How rude of me to post a plea for company then forget about it for an hour!

1. Cagsil profile image69
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol tongue

3. waynet profile image70
    waynetposted 13 years ago

Lists are great to start, I do this first and then I either do keyword research or I don't, I just write and if I don't feel that my hubpages are good enough I'll just save them unpublished and go back to them...I still have over 60 that need publishing no matter how hard I try and get on with publishing them and that really frustrates me.....Let the Hubpages madness end and let us just make more money!!!!!Money Money Money!!

Sorry I didn't do a very good job of distracting you from the insanity! big_smile

Hmmm - think you are just making it worse Wayne smile - dont encourage my inner list maker - she is an absolute demon.

4. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

can you donate me some hub? I have a nice smile for you. tongue

Please, write a poem about your donation for me also.

I'm thinking of donating titles - I have so many product hub titles that I think will do well, but I get so distracted finding lovely new toys to write about and dont spend enough time actually writing the hubs. I suppose 290 hubs in just under 9 months isn't bad going though.

1. nlthomas profile image60
        nlthomasposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hmm, I actually do this for plot ideas, but it's the same idea. Those ideas you keep getting? Get a pack of index cards (different colors if you want), and start sorting them in a recipe box by category or whatever you like.

Let them sit and marinate for a bit while you finish up hubs from this year, figure out earnings and prepare for the holidays. Each time you get a new idea, stick it in your box. You can make each index card like its own hub. Have an idea to add on? Go right ahead. They can be mini outlines.

That way, when everything else is done and out of the way, you can go through your recipes, pick a few gems and write them out.

5. Spacey Gracey profile image39
    Spacey Graceyposted 13 years ago

I love that idea nlthomas - and how funy that you were postinbg on my thread at the same time I was posting on yours smile

A lovely girl who used to work for me (when I had a 'proper' job) had a real problem with focussing because of idea-overload so we made her a little post box for her desk and she had to write the idea on a post it note and put it in the box, and she was only allowed to open the box at certain times. - I should add she was a fully grown woman but this was a fun way to sort out her active imagination - maybe I should try it myself.

1. nlthomas profile image60
      nlthomasposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I just saw your comment Spacey  wink I don't think it matters how old we are. With life growing around us, there's so much to think about and well, being female, my mind is in overdrive. My fiance always tells me to relax. Ummm ... I don't think females can. Our minds are way too active.

6. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

Rescue you from insanity?

Do I LOOK like I could rescue anyone from insanity?

But every time your smiley multi-colored head pops up on my screen it does make me smile smile

7. schoolgirlforreal profile image78
    schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years ago

Personally all I can seem to manage is doing backlinking and keywords.....
    Any other seo
    besides looking to see how I am in the search engines -which I haven't done- is Greek to me and I would explode
    so I don't and hope I do well by good writing, which is kinda what Relance does isn't it? And she does well?

that's just me

8. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 13 years ago

I know its contrary to the seasonal rush - but I'm laying back right now, haven't written a thing in weeks.  Right now I have the flu and my head is stuffed with nonsense and all I can do is sleep.  But I know I'll be rarin' to go and back in the saddle when its over.  Relax!  You only live this life once!  Enjoy yourself

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)