jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (19 posts)

I need HubPages therapy

1. Spacey Gracey profile image75
    Spacey Graceyposted 6 years ago

HubPages is totaly messing with my head right now.

I am trying to plan out my strategy for online earning for next year but my head is a total mess and I just keep ending up with lists and lists of hubs to write.

Grrrr - any familiar faces wanna say hi and distract me from my insanity.

1. Aficionada profile image93
      Aficionadaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi, Spacey Gracey!

I have total confidence in you - you are so prolific and productive.  Just take a few deep breaths and enjoy a few minutes in the forum.  Then pick one of your topics and start chewing!  LOL

You can do it and you'll do an outstanding job. You know you will.  big_smile

2. lovetherain profile image73
      lovetherainposted 6 years ago in reply to this

yes, you can do it. We have faith in you! just focus

3. EmpressFelicity profile image83
      EmpressFelicityposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You lucky sod!  I find it quite hard to think of new stuff to write - if I had more ideas, I'd have twice as many hubs LOL.

4. jaymelee23 profile image67
      jaymelee23posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have a notebook full of lists too... then I feel so overwhelmed by the thought of actually completing all of them, haha I seem to do better when I do some quick research for keywords then write a hub instead of going through the notebook.

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hey Spacey,

I see you are trying to drive yourself mad. lol lol

Spacey Graceyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

How rude of me to post a plea for company then forget about it for an hour!

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol lol lol tongue

3. waynet profile image45
    waynetposted 6 years ago

Lists are great to start, I do this first and then I either do keyword research or I don't, I just write and if I don't feel that my hubpages are good enough I'll just save them unpublished and go back to them...I still have over 60 that need publishing no matter how hard I try and get on with publishing them and that really frustrates me.....Let the Hubpages madness end and let us just make more money!!!!!Money Money Money!!

Sorry I didn't do a very good job of distracting you from the insanity! big_smile

Hmmm - think you are just making it worse Wayne smile - dont encourage my inner list maker - she is an absolute demon.

4. saleheensblog profile image61
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

can you donate me some hub? I have a nice smile for you. tongue

Please, write a poem about your donation for me also.

I'm thinking of donating titles - I have so many product hub titles that I think will do well, but I get so distracted finding lovely new toys to write about and dont spend enough time actually writing the hubs. I suppose 290 hubs in just under 9 months isn't bad going though.

1. nlthomas profile image61
        nlthomasposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hmm, I actually do this for plot ideas, but it's the same idea. Those ideas you keep getting? Get a pack of index cards (different colors if you want), and start sorting them in a recipe box by category or whatever you like.

Let them sit and marinate for a bit while you finish up hubs from this year, figure out earnings and prepare for the holidays. Each time you get a new idea, stick it in your box. You can make each index card like its own hub. Have an idea to add on? Go right ahead. They can be mini outlines.

That way, when everything else is done and out of the way, you can go through your recipes, pick a few gems and write them out.

5. Spacey Gracey profile image75
    Spacey Graceyposted 6 years ago

I love that idea nlthomas - and how funy that you were postinbg on my thread at the same time I was posting on yours smile

A lovely girl who used to work for me (when I had a 'proper' job) had a real problem with focussing because of idea-overload so we made her a little post box for her desk and she had to write the idea on a post it note and put it in the box, and she was only allowed to open the box at certain times. - I should add she was a fully grown woman but this was a fun way to sort out her active imagination - maybe I should try it myself.

1. nlthomas profile image61
      nlthomasposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I just saw your comment Spacey  wink I don't think it matters how old we are. With life growing around us, there's so much to think about and well, being female, my mind is in overdrive. My fiance always tells me to relax. Ummm ... I don't think females can. Our minds are way too active.

6. Pcunix profile image88
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

Rescue you from insanity?

Do I LOOK like I could rescue anyone from insanity?

But every time your smiley multi-colored head pops up on my screen it does make me smile smile

7. schoolgirlforreal profile image76
    schoolgirlforrealposted 6 years ago

Personally all I can seem to manage is doing backlinking and keywords.....
    Any other seo
    besides looking to see how I am in the search engines -which I haven't done- is Greek to me and I would explode
    so I don't and hope I do well by good writing, which is kinda what Relance does isn't it? And she does well?

that's just me

8. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 6 years ago

I know its contrary to the seasonal rush - but I'm laying back right now, haven't written a thing in weeks.  Right now I have the flu and my head is stuffed with nonsense and all I can do is sleep.  But I know I'll be rarin' to go and back in the saddle when its over.  Relax!  You only live this life once!  Enjoy yourself

working