About Kontera

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)
  1. mymoney26 profile image60
    mymoney26posted 15 years ago

I joined, got approved, and pasted link to my site.  I am assuming that the PublisherID in the link is what you use in the affiliate post of Hub Pages (number only).

How long does it take for their ads to begin showing up? 

I am still going through the tips and itis taking a lot of time.  Can anyone simplify how to enhance your money making opportunities with Kontera?

Thanks

1. guidebaba profile image57
      guidebabaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

1. It will take 24 Hrs.

2. Paste the Code at the Bottom of the page just before [/body] for better results.

Good Luck

2. Stacie Naczelnik profile image68
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 15 years ago

You also might want to check out this thread: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/6002

It is in the Official HubPages Announcements topic, and someone from Kontera is answering questions.

3. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 15 years ago

You need to enable Kontera on your hubs, and you need put your Kontera Publisher ID into your affiliate settings.  You can do both of these things on your my affiliate page.  Last and most importantly, you need to get some traffic to your hubs.

On HubPages you don't have to wait 24 hours, and you don't have to paste anything into your hubs (or near the body tag).  You may have to wait some time for Kontera to approve your account however.  I have no idea from where guidebaba came up with this information, but it's just wrong.

Sir: I was just talking about putting the codes on personal sites. I got all this info on Kontera site and I am NOT WRONG. Here is what the "Implementation Guide" Says:

Implementation – Easy as 1, 2, 3
      It is extremely easy to implement and use ContentLinks on your site.

Step 1:

Please copy the ad code (tag) that was sent to you in this email. These are a few JavaScript lines that will enable our servers to scan your content, classify it appropriately, select the best matching keywords, and serve the best matching ads.
      Example of ContentLink™ Tag:
      <script type="text/javascript">
      var dc_PublisherID = XX;
      var dc_UnitID = 14;
      var dc_adprod=’ADL’;
      var dc_AdLinkColor = ’Orange’;
      var dcAL_LY_bgColor=’#FFFFF0’
      </script >
      <script type="text/javascript" src="http://kona.kontera.com/javascript/lib/KonaLibInline.js" > </script >
      Step 2:

Please paste the ad code onto all of your site pages right before the closing  </BODY>  HTML tag. (See illustration below.) Our technology will then automatically determine which of these pages will work best with our product and will identify the keyword(s) which should be converted to ContentLinks™ - i.e. the ones which will prove to be the most profitable for you. Please remember not to paste the ad code within an IFRAME or DIV. Many web sites automate this action by including a placeholder footer on the page and adding the ad code in that way, or by running a script that copies the ad code to all pages. This is an extremely efficient option.
      Step 3:

Sit back and enjoy the ride. From this point everything works automatically unless you wish to perform advanced customization. Within 24 hours you will be up and running and you will be able to log onto the online reporting system to view your activity and earnings. During the first two weeks, our Account Management and Operations Group will be conducting an optimization process. Results during this period may vary and will not necessarily reflect the full monetary potential the product can deliver.
      If you have any questions or suggestions regarding the optimization process or questions about placement of the ad code on your pages, please login to your Publisher Center at http://dc.kontera.com and click on the (Help Tab) for our support form.
      We now have our Knowledge Base up, you can find many answers to your Kontera ContentLink™ questions at http://kb.kontera.com.
      Optional Customization

1. ContentLink link color -
      You can set the ContentLink color very easily by using an HTML-safe HEX color code in this parameter: var dc_AdLinkColor Any HTML-safe color name or code (HEX). Please refer to this page* for a complete list.

2. Keyword, Advertiser, Topic Control
      We allow you to set the following restriction parameters:

* Keywords – block specific keywords from being "highlighted" on your site.
          * Advertisers – block specific advertisers from showing up on your site.
          * Topics – block specific topics (travel, automotive, etc.) from your site. This covers both keywords and ads.

3. ContentLink™ Area Placement (Explicit Mark Tags)
      Our technology will automatically identify and prioritize the best pages on your web site, including the specific locations on the page for ContentLink™ placement. However, in some cases publishers like to control exactly where on the page ContentLinks™ will be placed. For example, you might want to only have ContentLinks™ in the main paragraphs and not on the bottom section of a page. For this, you will need to use DIV Tags. DIV tags have "open" and "close" tags. When you apply them on your pages, we will only place ContentLinks™ on the text that is between these tags.

Example of DIV Tag:
      Let’s assume you have a page with two paragraphs and you only want to have ContentLinks in the first paragraph:
      <div class="KonaBody">
      <p>Typical global climate simulations use spatial resolutions of about 300 kilometers (186 miles), which limits their ability to simulate climate and climate change on a regional scale. For example, with these lower resolutions it is difficult to assess climate changes, and the resulting societal impacts, in the climatically varying regions within California. </p>
      </div>
      <p>The high-resolution global climate simulations were run on a number of large computers at LLNL and on two machines at the Department of Energy’s National Energy Research Supercomputer Center (NERSC).</p>

You can use the DIV tags as many times as you would like on a single page.

4. ContentLink™ Text Filter (Do not AKA "filter" Mark Tags)
      Our technology will automatically identify and prioritize the best pages on your web site, including the specific locations on the page for ContentLink™ placement. However, in some cases publishers like to restrict certain areas. To do this, you will need to use Span filter tags.

Filter tags example:
      Let’s assume you have a page with three paragraphs and you do not want to have ContentLinks in the first paragraph:
      <span name="KonaFilter">
      <p>Typical global climate simulations use spatial resolutions of about 300 kilometers (186 miles), which limits their ability to simulate climate and climate change on a regional scale. For example, with these lower resolutions it is difficult to assess climate changes, and the resulting societal impacts, in the climatically varying regions within California.</p>
      </span>
      <p>The high-resolution global climate simulations were run on a number of large computers at LLNL and on two machines at the Department of Energy’s National Energy Research Supercomputer Center (NERSC). </p>
      <p>The 50 km global model has 32 times more grid cells and requires about 200 times more computer processing time than comparable models at 300-km resolution. </p>

Regards!

4. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

guidebaba - before you make more of an ass of yourself than you are already doing, you should know that Paul Deeds is in charge of a lot of the technical aspects of hubpages. big_smile

Including the Kontera association.

1. Whitney05 profile image83
      Whitney05posted 15 years agoin reply to this

lol... I saw your post, and had to read his...That's funny.. It seems he tried to dig himself out of a hole when Paul posted, but made his hole deeper.

guidebaba, as mymoney26 was talking about HP, I highly doubt he needs to know how to insert the code into a personal website. And, like Paul said for HP (again what mymoney26 was referring to) the ads show immediately.

Hi Mark and Whitney:Here is what My Money is talking about:

I joined, got approved, and pasted link to my site.  I am assuming that the PublisherID in the link is what you use in the affiliate post of Hub Pages (number only).

How long does it take for their ads to begin showing up?

I am still going through the tips and itis taking a lot of time.  Can anyone simplify how to enhance your money making opportunities with Kontera?

Please check the First Line - "HE PASTED THE KONTERA CODE ON HIS SITE". WHAT DOES THIS MEANS. DID HE PASTE THE CODES IN HP ???

IN THE SECOND LINE HE IS ASKING FOR HELP FOR HP.

HE HAS ALSO ASKED FOR TIPS ON HOW TO ENHANCE THE OPPORTUNITIES FROM KONTERA. HENCE I SUGGESTED HIM TO PASTE THE CODE ON HIS SITE AT THE BOTTOM BEFORE [/BODY]. YOU DON'T AGREE WITH ME ON THIS. LOG-IN TO KONTERA AND GO TO THE HELP SECTION OR "IMPLEMENTATION" GUIDE.

WHITNEY, I NEVER TRIED TO DIGG MYSELF. I JUST PUT MY POINT. I BETTER KNOW WHO IS MR. PAUL AND THAT IS WHY I RESPECTFULLY CALLED HIM "SIR".

IN FACT YOU ARE DIGGING YOURSELF HERE IN THE FORUM. YOU WRITE A HUB ON Tortoise AND THEN POST A THREAD ON Tortoise HERE IN THE FORUM. CLEVER.

1. thranax profile image72
          thranaxposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Whoa Whoa Baba. Lol calm down, I got to your thread and my ears hurt.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)