jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

Question on multiple hubs

1. wilderness profile image97
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

I went to set up a second account on HP yesterday and found I was required to have a second email account. 

I would really like to keep just the one email for both accounts.  Is this possible somehow, or will I need a new email for each account?

1. teamrn profile image79
      teamrnposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm a newbie, but don't understand why you want more than one account, if you can have multiple hubs on one account. Am I missing something?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
        Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I used to think the same, but I'm just beginning to appreciate  why some people have more than one.  With over 150 Hubs, it's becoming a hassle to find an individual Hub in my Statistics - I can't imagine how someone with 300 or 40o Hubs manages!

So, if you're planning to write a few hundred Hubs, it makes sense to have separate accounts for different subjects, just to make management easier.

There are other reasons for having separate accounts. Some people like to have one account for "fun stuff" and another account for their serious, money-earning Hubs. 

Others want to keep their target keywords secret.  For instance, Nelle Hoxie is a hugely successful Hubber, and she found that people were following every Hub she wrote and stealing her ideas.  So now she writes her money-making Hubs under other names.

1. GarfieldGates profile image83
          GarfieldGatesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I started getting lost in my hubs too, but then started making good use of the grouping feature.

Of course, if many of your hub fall under the same group then you may want to go for account #2 after all.

Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I do find the grouping feature useful but if you have a lot of Hubs in one group, you have to start sub-dividing and things get messy...not to mention that I may not WANT to subdivide, because I want the Hubs to link together.

2. ImChemist profile image60
      ImChemistposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Why you need 2nd account , i see your author score is 99 and this very good , why you want to start from zero again !! this work you want to do with the 2nd account do it with your account and you will find more success .

Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

ImChemist, you need to learn a bit more about HubPages works. 

If you have a low author score because you're writing cr@p, then it's true that having a low score means you won't earn money. 

But if you have a low score just because you're new, it's irrelevant.  It's the content of your Hubs that will bring you traffic and income, the scores don't help or hinder.

2. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hey Wilderness, set up your secondary account via a different email and have all the emails forwarded to your other email account.

As far as I know, you can only have one account per email account. wink

1. wilderness profile image97
      wildernessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, that will work for me; thanks Cagsil!  It's a workaround, but one I can live with and will work fine.

working