jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Best Google Adsense layout on hubpages?

1. David 470 profile image87
    David 470posted 5 years ago

What would you consider to be the best google adsense layout for hubpages?

I would like to increase my CTR. Most of my hubs have a picture in the middle, but I heard that a picture at the top may be better?

Also, is there a way to get text/picture ads in between text capsules when there's a picture at the top?

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
      rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago in reply to this

you can check out Hot hubs in the Hubs section and look at the different layouts. It depends what the subject is also.
      If a pic is going to be helpful, you can swing it over to the right of text. I've had luck with different placements.
      It really depends a lot on what you're writing about.

you can also experiment and see what works best. I've changed my around at times.

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

There are only three AdSense placements that I worry about: the leaderboard (horizontal ad) at the top of the hub, the 300x250 rectangle to the right of the first paragraph and the second leaderboard, usually below the second capsule.

IMHO, if they keep reading beyond that, they're getting what they want from what I wrote and probably won't be clicking on anything.

And I try not to have a picture anywhere before the third capsule, but that's just a personal preference.

1. David 470 profile image87
      David 470posted 5 years ago in reply to this

If I place a picture at the top, how can I have an ad between two text capsules? Or is this not possible?

1. lrohner profile image84
        lrohnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have no idea. I just don't do it. I figure people are coming to my hubs to read something -- not look at a pic. So I just avoid the whole situation.

When you put a pic at the top, the only thing that people see when they get to your hub is the pic and a bunch of ads. I just found that for me, having a pic at the top just doesn't work that well.

3. SiddSingh profile image61
    SiddSinghposted 5 years ago

A pic at the top does not work for most part - however, if you have a different result - you can definitely persist with it.

If you have put a picture at the top, the next text capsule that is 120 words or more will accommodate the 250x250

By default - the smaller 438x60 banner comes after the second capsule.