jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

1. rickyrt44 profile image60
    rickyrt44posted 5 years ago

how do i make money? is ti for free. i barely have followers

1. 0
      cookingdivaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Welcome to hubpages.

Having more followers will not make you money, people clicking on your ads or buying from amazon will make some money.

Money making takes time, just have patience and keep writing. It will come!

2. tom_caton profile image82
    tom_catonposted 5 years ago

hello rickyrt44, welcome to hubpages.

First things first, this game takes quite some time to get into properly, I doubt I'm halfway there myself and I've been here a month an a half. Making money off this only requires time, lots, patience lots, and quality hubs.

I've read a few of your hubs and you've chosen some fairly high profile topics which is a good start, but you have to remember theres a lot of competition out there for subjects like the ones your writing on. Your hubs are quite short too, you should be aiming for 500 words or higher. I'd say no more than 1200 words though unless it's a fairly intensive topic, if thats the case you could consider breaking the article in 2 parts or more.
    You should consider adding images to your hubs too, something that instantly catches the eye always helps people identify with the hub easier and faster, and may encourage more full views.

If you are looking to make money off hubpages then you need to sign up for Google adsense, theres a walkthrough on how to do this HERE

You can also sign up for the Amazon Affiliates program and Kontera too. These are all ways of making money off your articles.

If you want to up your views, there are a few ways of doing this, posting links to your hubs on blogs or facebook, or any other social networks will draw some traffic if done right.

Join discussions on the forums, get your name around a bit, answer the questions you have answers to on the Answers page. If people find your answers to be enlightening or useful they may start following you.

Go Hub Hopping and rate other peoples articles, leave comments on the hubs that interest you, you may find yourself some people to follow and people who may follow you this way.

Thats all I can say for now I think, good luck! Hope it goes well for ya!

3. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

Marvelous post, Tom Caton. One important thing to add would be keyword research.

1. tom_caton profile image82
      tom_catonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

thanks smile I totally forgot about keyword research, I believe the Google AdWords Keyword tool is free to use also, you should be able to search it on google and use it without being signed up for AdWords.

4. AaronKr profile image60
    AaronKrposted 5 years ago

Yes ricky I looked at some of your hubs if you space them out a little more in the layout sometimes that helps people tend to look at the "one big paragraph" as a big blob if you break it up a little it will make it easier to read also add pictures that will help alot.  KEyword research is a tough one to find a right technique any suggestions Website Examiner

5. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

Well, keyword research usually starts with using the Google Adwords keyword tool. For those wanting to become experts, there are programs such as The Keyword Academy. I understand that long-tail keywords have less competition, but also less search volume compared with short words and phrases.