jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

1. 61
    hope60posted 8 years ago

I am a general feature writer for newspapers and magazines. I usually write in the third person quoting experts and others involved in the story line (i.e. doctors, educators, stats, etc.) I noticed most of the Hub writing is first person with only the author's viewpoint.
    Would third person with quotes work here?

1. Inspirepub profile image88
      Inspirepubposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Hope, I write in the third person unless I am telling a personal anecdote to illustrate a point (poetry Hubs excluded, of course). Or actually, I will sometimes write in the second person when writing a how-to.

It works just fine to write in the third person. My best Hubs are written all or largely in the third person.

2. Shirley Anderson profile image85
    Shirley Andersonposted 8 years ago

Can't see why not, although most of the hubs are instructional or review which is why they are from the author's viewpoint.

I used to write for newspapers and mags, and I was surprised at how much of a difference there is sometimes in online publishing.  For one thing, online writing requires very little of the structure that print editors require.  It's a faster process too, obviously.

Your hub will be successful if you write well on a topic people are interested in, and you promote it a bit.  Perhaps throw in a bit of SEO, and you're good to go.

Welcome to Hubpages, and good luck with your hubs.

1. 61
      hope60posted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your help. Sorry for being obtuse, but what does SEO mean?

1. thranax profile image60
        thranaxposted 8 years ago in reply to this

SEO=Search Engine Optimization. That simple-how search engines find you. Keywords, all that good stuff.

Also yes, you can write in Third person, I would love to see some Hubs like this. I personally like first person put whatever floats you boat you could be 5000th person!(thats a joke)

Hope this helps and hope to read your hubs,

PS: I found this bookmark, a wise Hubber by the name of Misha gave it to me, and I think you would benefit from it (tbh everyone would).

Happy SEOizing smile

3. angelamp profile image60
    angelampposted 8 years ago

I think so.  Anything goes here... big_smile

4. nicolap profile image60
    nicolapposted 8 years ago

That's a great link thranax - thank you for posting it on here.