jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

A question from a newbie

1. MehreenM profile image60
    MehreenMposted 6 years ago

Hey guys, this is Mehreen.  I just joined HubPages about a week ago. Seriously this place is dripping with diversity....I am overwhelmed! 

I have been trying to learn from the learning centre video tutorials and there I came to know about referring fellow hubbers' hubs to other pages and referring new people to hub pages.  I totally understood the part about referring new people to hub pages and making money on their hubs.  But regarding the hubs of fellow hubbers, I didn't get the part about making money on their hubs.  Does that mean that if I refer to their hubs on any social bookmarking site or in my email and get readership and clicks (and whatever it takes to make money from hubs) for their hubs, will I be getting a part of that commission (ten percent, was it?)

2. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image92
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 6 years ago

Yeah, that's exactly what it means.

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

You will receive approximately 10 percent of the page impressions, not 10 percent of that hubber's revenue. So if someone clicks on ads placed on your share of the page impressions, you will receive 100% of that income. If someone clicks on the residual 90% of the page impressions, you will receive 0% of that income.

1. onceuponatime66 profile image60
      onceuponatime66posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks!!

2. akeetlebeetle profile image82
      akeetlebeetleposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I was wondering the same thing and you answered it perfectly. Thanks!

4. MehreenM profile image60
    MehreenMposted 6 years ago

Thanks for the helpful feedback.

working