jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (15 posts)

I hope I'm starting to get the hang of this...

1. edelhaus profile image87
    edelhausposted 6 years ago

Hello All,

Please critique my latest hub - I've tried to incorporate your previous suggestion.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/decorating-with-wallpaper

thanks!

1. 0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm not qualified to crit yet because I'm still learning but as I have a degree in Interior Design, I'm quite critical about articles that present decorating. I love yours! wink

1. edelhaus profile image87
        edelhausposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Sophia - that means a lot to me as I'm right in the middle of getting a degree in interior design.

1. 0

Good luck. It's a tough course. smile

2. Urbane Chaos profile image89
    Urbane Chaosposted 6 years ago

Really, really great article!  The capsules are laid out beautifully, the content is relevant, and your research is impeccable.  Overall, it's a great piece of Hubwork. big_smile

I do have two suggestions, although minor ones at that.

First, and I always recommend this, change your summary text to something that isn't recommended by HubPages.  When I finally started doing that, I noticed a huge jump in page views.  Remember to incorporate your keyphrases in the summary.

Second, keep learning all you can about SEO and long tail keywords.  The biggest issue is getting people to the page.  The better the keyphrases, the more visitors you'll have.

Really though, you impressed the hell out of me.  Great job!

1. 0

What do you mean to write something that isn't recommended by HubPages?

1. Pcunix profile image90
        Pcunixposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The summary is taken automatically from the first words of your hub.  You can uncheck "Calculare summary automatically" and provide other text.

That text will then be used in search engine results, which can help people decide to visit your page.

So, if you feel that the automatic summary is not compelling, uncheck that box and put in better words.

Here's a picture:

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/4223949.jpg

The upper arrow points to where you click to show the summary; the lower is pointing at the summary.

1. 0

Oh, thanks. I'm already doing that. smile

2. Urbane Chaos profile image89
          Urbane Chaosposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Pcunix.. big_smile  I had some work to do and couldn't make it back to explain that.. Still, you did a hell of a lot better job than I could have. big_smile  Thanks..

Well, I already had the picture ready for a hub i was writing, so it wasn't exactly going out of my way smile

3. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

Yes, I will join the chorus of low whistles and appreciative murmured "Wow!"'s.

Nice job.

4. Flightkeeper profile image79
    Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago

You have some wonderful tips edelhaus.  Really lovely hub.  I think you'll do very well.

5. saleheensblog profile image59
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

I followed you and sent a fan mail. lol Great hub.

6. edelhaus profile image87
    edelhausposted 6 years ago

Thanks everyone for taking the time to review my new hub.  Pcunix - the "write your own summaries" tip is a great one.

Yeah, if I could only remember to do that myself.

working