jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Ads that appear on hubpages

1. imatellmuva profile image83
    imatellmuvaposted 6 years ago

I just published a new hub regarding mobile spyware. The content of my hub strongly indicates that I'm against this phenomenom. However, the ads that popped on on my hub support
    spyware. This is an obvious conflict. How do I, or can I control the ads and their relevancy? The url to my hub is: <link snipped, no self-promotional links in forum>

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The correct URL of your hub is: http://hubpages.com/hub/Spy-On-This

And there isn't a lot you can do about it unless you want to block each advert individually whenever you see one, which is both time consuming and often can hurt the amount you earn.

Unfortunately google searches through your content and matches adverts based on the most common words in it, not for or against. For example a hub against Scientology may well end up with an advert FOR Scientology.

You can uncheck the 'hub is commercial' and take adverts off completely if you prefer, and try to monetize it with Amazon.

imatellmuvaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks wrylit. My link was snipped, as self-promotional. Perhaps I should have posted my question to another forum.

Great Advice, Thanks!

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

If you don't use Adsense or care about ad revenue, you can disable the ads provided that there are no outbound links from the hub. If you use Adsense, you can filter out advertisements from specific sources inside your Adsense control panel. However, such filtering will only affect your 60% share of the page impressions. Other than that, I believe there is not much that you can do about it.

imatellmuvaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Website Examiner. I have to think on this one, and decide which way I want to go with it.

As always....thanks for your help!

working