jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

is this site for "how to" blogs only?

1. two.wheel.riot profile image61
    two.wheel.riotposted 8 years ago

i just joined today and i was hoping to be able to post creative and fun posts. it seems like hubpages is geared towards "how to" and informative blogs. am i getting the right impression?

2. thranax profile image58
    thranaxposted 8 years ago

No, we have product reviews, stories, anything you can develop almost. Just make sure its high quality and it's basically acceptable. Just don't post anything you didn't create. Also don't copy other hubs-its bad. But yes, everything is allowed. From tips, to lists, to poems, to stories, to guides and how to's. Make sure your content doesn't break Hubpages Rules and Happy Hubbing.

Welcome to Hubpages BTW!!!

Hope this helps,

Note: Hubpages isn't a blogging site, you make articles we like to call "Hubs" smile

3. two.wheel.riot profile image61
    two.wheel.riotposted 8 years ago

thanks thranax.

1. thranax profile image58
      thranaxposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Make sure to check my comment on your Hub smile And again Welcome to Hubpages.

4. nicolap profile image59
    nicolapposted 8 years ago

And thanks from me, thranax (even though I didn't ask the question). I've just joined and have made one hub, but I need to do a lot more delving to see what I can really do with this.

5. Dorsi profile image92
    Dorsiposted 8 years ago

I've found HubPages a wonderful place to be creative. Welcome!
    I've written everything from things about my garden to the impeachment of Bush..lol...

6. ProCW profile image84
    ProCWposted 8 years ago

I don't think of it as a blogging kind of site; though some do. I think HubPages offers an attractive way to promote your material, regardless of what "type" it may be considered.

Good luck to you and welcome!!!

ProCW smile

7. Whitney05 profile image67
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

You can write just about anything you want. But HP is not a blogging site. It's a place to share information, but you can truly share info on tons of subjects. If you like the subject, you can make it interesting. I mean look at DJ he has tons of fun, informative, and interesting hubs about music and movies.

You can write an opinion hub, of course try to base it on "some" facts, but it's really up to you. But in generaly, HP really isn't a blogging website.