jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

We would love to have a HubCamp in North Carolina!

1. Staci-Barbo7 profile image89
    Staci-Barbo7posted 5 years ago

I've noticed quite a few Hubbers live in the Carolinas.  Will someone ask Paul to schedule a HubCamp for us in North Carolina (or even in Myrtle Beach before or after the busy season?)  One recommendation is Black Mountain / Montreat / Asheville, since it's the most beautiful place in this part of the world.  As far as central North Carolina is concerned, I would just avoid Durham and downtown Raleigh.  Durham is not the safest location, and Raleigh's downtown area has become unhospitable in some respects.

1. Robin profile image
      Robinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi Staci-Barbo7!  So glad you'd like to attend a HubCamp!  If you have more than 30 Hubbers committed to coming, we can arrange to come to you.  Unfortunately, it wouldn't be until next Fall as all of our HubCamps are scheduled through the Summer.  If you have an experienced Hubber near you, we can give you all the resources to do your own HubCamp at any time.  Here's the HubCamp link on how to start your own:  http://hubpages.com/help/hubcamp-startyourown

1. Staci-Barbo7 profile image89
        Staci-Barbo7posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, Robin!

1) Can we get at least 30 Hubbers to sign up to come to HubCamp in North Carolina?   If you're interested, will you sign up on this thread with your number out of the 30 we need?

I'm #1 of 30.

2) Alternately, do we have an experienced Hubber who would agree to lead a HubCamp in NC? 

Lots of Hub Love

1. Marie Morrison profile image60
          Marie Morrisonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well I'll put my number in. I'm not experienced yet but by fall I should be. The Asheville area would be great.

#2 of 30

2. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 5 years ago

To bump this, I would like to mention that I live in Charlotte, NC, have a couple of prospective locations, and would VERY much like to help host a HubCamp.

Here's the thing - it doesn't just have to be folks from NC.

If you live in any of the surrounding hot spots, within a three-four hour drive (I know Atlanta is four-ish hours from where I am here in Charlotte) then that'd be good too!

I'll do some poking of folks and see what support I can drum up.  Count me #3 of 30.

3. DIYweddingplanner profile image91
    DIYweddingplannerposted 5 years ago

I would be in as well as Tess45 from South Carolina.

4. Aficionada profile image93
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

I have relatives in NC (some near Charlotte, some near Asheville, as a matter of fact!) and visit there from time to time.  If I am able to be there at the time the camp is scheduled I would like to attend.  But since my presence is so iffy, I will not count myself - instead, I'll just try to keep an eye out for when it will take place and add myself then, if I can be there.