jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Irrelevant ads on my hubs

1. sid_candid profile image60
    sid_candidposted 5 years ago

I have many hubs which show irrelevant ads. I make changes like adding a keyword in first sentence, changing title etc and the ads become relevant. When I check back the same hub after 2-3 days the ads are irrelevant again. Due to this my adsense revenue has been dropping since last two months in spite of the holiday season. Don't know what is wrong here? Can anyone suggest a solution.

2. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

Since I don't know what hubs you are talking about, I can't give you specific advice. But irrelevant ads are usually because: 1) Google can't determine what keyword(s) the hub is targeting; or 2) There simply aren't enough advertisers for that keyword.

1. 0
      TopUniverseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Excellent answer. Plus I think keyword density also plays some role for showing relevant ads.

3. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 5 years ago

I have often wished that Google let us add a "not about" meta tag so that, for example, if I mention "string theory" they wouldn't show ads for guitars.

But they don't and in fact, if their ad servers are confused, their search engine results may be confused in exactly the same way, so some of your traffic may actually be looking for the irrelevant things.  Not that this helps much smile