jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Separate affiliate ID for writing on my personal blog?

1. brandonhart100 profile image83
    brandonhart100posted 5 years ago

I've noticed that my affiliate ID for amazon has hubpages in it. 

Now that I am making some pretty consistent revenue from amazon I want to use my blog to promote my HP articles, at the same time I also want to advertise amazon products on my blog.  Does it matter if I use the same ID?  Will hubpages get a split if they use the original ID I created when I clicked on their affiliate link?

I have looked for the answer to this question on the forums for about 30 minutes but had trouble finding it.  Can someone point me in the right direction or give me an answer?

1. 0
      cookingdivaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you use the same amazon id on your blog, you will get the 100% money. However, I suggest you should set up another amazon id, so you know where sells are coming from, your blog or hubpages.

You can set up tracking id within amazon associates.

2. ns1209 profile image35
    ns1209posted 5 years ago

No it does not matter - Hubpages won't get a share.  However you may want to create a new (I think they are called trackers) to see how well your blog is doing and also to have a more relevant name on all your amazon links on your blog.

1. brandonhart100 profile image83
      brandonhart100posted 5 years ago in reply to this

@ns1209 - Thanks for the quick response.  That was my original thought but I just wanted to make sure.