jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Please provide improvements!

1. 0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 5 years ago

Many thanks! wink

I hope I got the URL right this time. smile

2. Mikeydoes profile image81
    Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago

It is very well made, which is why I am sure you aren't getting many replies. Better than most of my hubs smile

If you aren't getting much traffic, it is most likely 1 of 2 reasons.

1. Your keywords aren't searched for much(this is something that can always be improved)
    2. You just have to wait

1. 0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm not getting any hits. I can't figure out whether it's because the topic is so new as not yet to be in most people's vocab, or whether I've miscalculated somewhere.

But you're right! It might just need time. smile

Thanks for your encouraging words, by the way. I've been sweating blood trying to figure out the SEO, the best presentation, the best topics, etc. I've had quite a bit of help from hubbers and HP so it's gone better than I expected. smile

1. Mikeydoes profile image81
        Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Its all trial and error, some hubs work and some don't. If you know something is going to be big in the future, it is a very good idea to write articles about it now, and more the more articles linked together, the better off you will be. You do however risk it not becoming popular, thats why I just try new things all the time, if they don't work, so what!

You're doing great, wish you the best!

1. 0

Thanks! smile

3. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

Well it should be getting hits because not only are there over 250 people per day searching for your keyword, but you are already on page 2 of Google!
    Get yourself moved up to page 1 by increasing your on-page optimisation by putting your main keywords in the first sentence of the hub, and then by backlinking your article to bookmarking sites.

1. 0

Okay, this is good advise. So, I can't remember which bookmarking sites I'm a member of. I think stumble upon and Digg.

Okay, next step main keywords in first sentence. Does  that include the summary?

4. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

I might suggest getting keywords in the H1 heading, and breaking the hub up into more capsules.  You have done well with paragraph titles, but this would move the second google ad up in the hub.

I would also suggest you use groups for your hubs as well as RSS feeds to link them together.  Both of these interlink your hubs for readers to find something similar and helps traffic.

A few more tags wouldn't hurt anything.

If possible re-arrange things to get the Amazon capsule higher in the hub as well.  Off the top of my head, I don't see how to do and keep the great flow, but it would help.  Having said that, I have found Amazon capsules in a non-sales type hub to be virtually worthless and have generally stopped including them as I feel they detract from an information type hub such as you have written.

A very good hub overall - two thumbs up for you!

1. 0

Thanks, I was wondering about the amazon capsules. The problem is that I'm a geek and my strong point is information. Generally, information that nobody wants, but nevertheless information. smile

If I haven't written another article about this type of thing, what do I group it with? Must I write other articles? Is that what you mean?

Next, I've been trying to figure out how the RSS feeds work. I have never used feeds before, so this is a learning curve for me.