Please help me improve my hubs.

1. Rosie2010 profile image83
    Rosie2010posted 5 years ago

I just finished my 30 hubs in 30 days. So now I am wondering how to get more traffic in my hubs.  But first I need your advice if my hubs are good enough.  Here's one...

Thanks for your help.

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

I read your oatmeal hub, and it looks really good. Nice job! Just three things.

1) You cannot simply lift a photo from somewhere else and use it just because you gave attribution to the source or photographer. That is a clear violation of copyright. Look for commercially available content at Flickr or StockXchnge -- there are a few other sources -- where you can use photos free of charge as long as you give attribution.

2) I understand why you used the photos, but you may want to use some of them half-width. For the topic, I found so many large photos to be a little offputting.

3) Your tags are all about oatmeal, but you don't mention anything there about nutrition, health or diet, and that really is the focus of your article.

But all in all, very nice work.

1. Rosie2010 profile image83
      Rosie2010posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hiya Irohner, thank you so much for the great advice.  I love including pictures in my hubs, so I will follow your advice.  I had googled "free photos" before but I couldn't find good pictures, but as you said I'm in violation of copyright, and I sure don't want that.  OMG! I am so guilty of having too many large photos.  Thanks for the advice on tags.. I will do that right now.

Have a nice day!