jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (21 posts)

small milestone :-)

1. dineane profile image85
    dineaneposted 8 years ago

1000 total views of my hubs....seems kind of pitiful really with 28 hubs, but I'm still learning. And I've earned a cup of coffee

1. terenceyap07 profile image60
      terenceyap07posted 8 years ago in reply to this

That's great, Dineane!

2. Just_Rodney profile image42
      Just_Rodneyposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Congrats cool it starts to go quicker now, and then next one will soon appear.

3. guidebaba profile image60
      guidebabaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

This is Good but could have been better in 3 months and 28 Hubs. Maybe you are lacking somewhere in PROMOTING YOUR HUBS.

Hope you will earn not only for the coffee but the whole Household Budget.

Best Wishes !

4. compu-smart profile image81
      compu-smartposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Congrats!!!I remember my very 1st then 100 then 1000 and soon it will be 100.000 and 1000.000 smile

Here is my hub with some of the best hubs to help get much more readers.

I need a strong coffee now too:)

2. jezzbb profile image60
    jezzbbposted 8 years ago

That's fine but you can promote your hubs somewhere outside HP so as to attract traffic from search engines.

3. dineane profile image85

Actually, exactly half of my traffic is from hubpages, the other half from various other sources. Experienced hubbers, is this somewhat typical for newbies?

I don't feel like I've done a ton of outside marketing--just emailing friends/family, adding links to my profiles on various social networking sites, and an occassional relevant post on forums I frequent, so I'm actually pleased with the traffic so far. I'm enjoying the learning process, and thank everyone here at HPs for sharing their advice and experience!

4. 0
    Ananta65posted 8 years ago

Don't worry, I've got 1738 pageviews with 42 hubs published...

5. SunSeven profile image61
    SunSevenposted 8 years ago

Soon you will be crossing many a milestones. All the best smile

6. Pete Michner profile image88
    Pete Michnerposted 8 years ago

Congratulations! You're a pro compared to me smile 167 views with 7 hubs.

7. Bonnie Ramsey profile image88
    Bonnie Ramseyposted 8 years ago

Well, I have 91 hubs, just over 9300 page views, over 5300 of them from outside source and I don't do a lot of promoting outside HP either so I guess if we really pushed it, we could raise our average higher on the outside sources. I have just been content so I haven't worried about it lol. You have reached an excellent milestone and it will only get better!

8. dineane profile image85

Thanks for the numbers, Bonnie! I appreciate hearing how people are doing without a lot of marketing. One of these days I hope to have time to learn and do more, but for now, I'm pretty happy with the traffic I've had so far.

And thanks again to everyone for posting!

9. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

I'm like you - have never done a lot of promotion.  These days about 90% of my traffic comes from search engines and I just passed 26,000 page views - and got my first $100 cheque!

One thing I have done, mostly by accident while I've been looking for other places to write, is join a lot of sites and set up a profile which includes a link to HubPages.  A lot of them are dormant because I didn't end up using the site, but I guess the link is still worth something?

1. Bonnie Ramsey profile image88
      Bonnie Ramseyposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Same here, Marisa. Plus any articles that I publish anywhere else, I have a link to my profile here in the Bio section. Also, the games I play online have profile pages and I know a lot of people (been on them for about 5 years now) so I get a lot of visitors from there, too. I also add the link in my monthly newsletter that I publish as well. A lot of what we can get is just pretty much daily activities without any extra effort lol.

10. Gaget Girl profile image84
    Gaget Girlposted 8 years ago

Well Ive only just started so hopefully Ill get there to! I guess it probably also has a lot to do with your headings?

11. CarpetDiem profile image79
    CarpetDiemposted 8 years ago

Congrats on the 1,000 pageview milestone! You've got a 96 hubscore to be proud of as well!

12. glassvisage profile image83
    glassvisageposted 8 years ago

It's great to celebrate the milestones! I try to make goals for myself too... working on a perfect Hubscore!

13. ceounlimited profile image78
    ceounlimitedposted 8 years ago

Hey,  It's always great to know what is possible to obtain with commitment and consistency.  Thanks for giving a newbie hope!

14. weblog profile image60
    weblogposted 8 years ago

Congrats Dineane

15. DonnaCSmith profile image83
    DonnaCSmithposted 8 years ago

Cool! I have 68 hubs and 4909 views. Maybe I'll cross the 5000 mark by week's end. I have done about the same stuff as you, Dineane. A few profiles, emails, etc. I do have a niche, which I think helps. What surprises me is the hubs that get the most traffic. I can't figure out why an article about displaying horse show ribbons gets the most hits of my 68 articles?

16. 0
    Ronald Daniarposted 8 years ago

Search engines are my main traffic.
    I got 10.000 views only from my 20 hubs.

Hmmm....sounds good? No, not at all!!

This 10.000 views were since 17 months ago!!!