jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

How to post blue highlighted module inside the hubs?

1. profile image0
    cookingdivaposted 6 years ago

I have seen these blue highlighted modules within the hubs, that looks great and highlights your text inside it, how does one go about creating it? Thank you.

1. prairieprincess profile image96
      prairieprincessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You have to push the arrow key on that module to go to the right (it work on a module that crosses the whole page.) After it is on the right side, a box will show up with either white, or two shades of blue at the top of the editing box of the module.
      Click on one of the blue boxes. Hope this helps ...

1. Rosie2010 profile image83
        Rosie2010posted 6 years ago in reply to this

thank you, prairieprincess.  I was also wondering how it was done.  I will follow your instruction.  thanks again

2. prairieprincess profile image96

thanks everyone.

I just noticed my typo. It should have read

"it [i]won't work[i] on a module that crosses the whole page."

2. profile image0
      cookingdivaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Prairie princess, Tammy L, Web Examnier for detailed explanation. I am going to try it in my next hub!

NLthomas, great I happy we both know now.

2. Tammy L profile image85
    Tammy Lposted 6 years ago

That is a "link" capsule that has been aligned to the right (or left).  That is the only capsule that will give a different background color when aligning it to the right (or left).  If you do not align your "link" capsule, there will be no background color.

3. prairieprincess profile image96
    prairieprincessposted 6 years ago

No, I have used the blue box for several different types of modules on my hubs, including text.

1. nlthomas profile image60
      nlthomasposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you so much for asking this. I was wondering the same thing but wasn't sure how to word it.

2. Tammy L profile image85
      Tammy Lposted 6 years ago in reply to this

hmmm, prairieprincess, I'll have to check it out closer the next time I write a hub.  Thanks for setting me straight on that.  I'm still learning myself.

4. prairieprincess profile image96
    prairieprincessposted 6 years ago

No problem, Tammy. I have just used fooled around with it quite a bit to try to do things, and figured out how to do this. I still have so  much to learn, too! smile

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Such modesty!

1. prairieprincess profile image96

Learning to do stuff online is like learning how to walk, seriously, for me. It's slow, and I am on my butt more than I am vertical, but eventually, it'll be natural! big_smile

5. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Much, much better...

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/4231063.jpg

working