jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

I know we cannot click on amazon ourselves but

1. Eileen Hughes profile image84
    Eileen Hughesposted 8 years ago

Can we buy from them and get any discount or benefits.  By going to their website.
    I want to buy a spot messenger.  But by going to their website if I click buy now  (to find the freight costs to australia. which it still didnt give me the freight or anything)  It comes up with my email address.

So they already know who I am.   Can we buy through them and get discount or any advantages    Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

1. embitca profile image82
      embitcaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

No, you cannot. Amazon adjusts for all self-referrals.

1. darkside profile image85
        darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I guess you can buy from yourself, as it'd be a pain to clear the cache after every time you do test a link, but a person won't be credited for it.

So it's not like an Adsense or Kontera link, which is "don't click!" but "if you do, don't expect the commission".

What you could do is use someone elses hub, find an Amazon product and click through, as it will overwrite your cookie. And while it might not be the product you want, you can just go do a search after that (or type in the ASIN in the search field).

Either that Author or HubPages Inc will then make the sale.

2. Eileen Hughes profile image84

Thanks for your help but.

Actually Maybe I didnt explain it correctly.

I wasnt clicking on an amazon ad.    I just typed in amazon on Google  and when I clicked on order it came up with my email address out of the blue.  I was trying to find out how much freight they would charge me to ship the spot messenger to Australia as Amazon is american I believe.

And if can get it cheaper through them well it would save me money.

3. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

Eileen, Amazon is sneaky - I find it remembers my name whatever I do.

If you weren't going through the ad on your HubPage, it's fine - you're not contravening anything by ordering.

4. Eileen Hughes profile image84

Thats great, thanks for that Marissa.   Its weird that they know who you are.  I should try doing it through another email I bet it wont pick it up then.  Thanks anyway