jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

Maximum length of hub

1. hospitalera profile image78
    hospitaleraposted 6 years ago

Quick question, I searched a bit around and couldn't find the information if there is an upper limit to the word count for a hub. Can I publish, let's say, also a 25,000 words hub? Not asking for advice if that is a good or bad idea ;-) Just asking what the maximum length / word count allowed is per hub. Thanks, SY

1. 0
      cookingdivaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

hospitalera,

Writing an epic? Looking forward to it!

hospitaleraposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Lol, yes, at over 12,000 words now ;-) The topic doesn't lent itself easily to be split up, so I thought I try something new and write a truly epic hub about it ;-) SY

1. 0
          cookingdivaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That must be something! I bet its going to take some time writing it! You can turn in to a ebook if the subject is right! Looking forward to read it.

2. 0
          Donna Ferrierposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You might find yourself splitting it up at the end. When I first started here I had some really long hubs because I really didn't understand how to write a hub when I came...just figured it out as I went along, read the boards, etc. But I found that the long hubs weren't getting read, but after I split them up and repackaged them into separate (but related) topics, people started reading the content.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

There is no maximum length for a hub, as far as the rules are concerned.

hospitaleraposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the quick answer ;-) SY

3. OpinionDuck profile image60
    OpinionDuckposted 6 years ago

I did one a while back to check out if there were any limits.

So I did one the size of a novel, but it wasn't a novel.

It was 130,000 words and I started with about 5,000 words, and kept adding to it.

Then I deleted it.

1. nell79 profile image85
      nell79posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Wow! To take all that time and then delete it! Hahaha, I don't know if I could do that.... smile

1. OpinionDuck profile image60
        OpinionDuckposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, it was on politics and government, I don't think anybody got further than the first screen.

I guess that was my first published ~:} novel.

Apparently hubs on politics last about as long as fresh fish left on the kitchen counter.

The real trick would be to write the longest hub that people would actually read.

Thanks

4. CASE1WORKER profile image84
    CASE1WORKERposted 6 years ago

wow that is long. I have a hub that I have been working on for some time, that probably wont be read by anyone other than me and my mother, but I think that will declare at about 10,000 words!

1. OpinionDuck profile image60
      OpinionDuckposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Then it is only another 120,000 words to go.

The first 10.000 words are the hardest ~:}

working