jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Is the glass always half full or half

1. Matthew Rogerson profile image60
    Matthew Rogersonposted 5 years ago

2. 0
    Revive@OwnRiskposted 5 years ago

More often than not, half full. It's a lie we tell ourselves to think that nothing is right, or going the way we hope, or that our lives are filled with too many problems.

Everything around us supports us--the earth supports us, we have friends and family who love us. The list goes on.

On very bad days I look at the glass half empty and say it isn't enough, but the truth is that there is always more to fill the glass, and when I need more, I can get more.

The glass is half full.

3. Tammy L profile image82
    Tammy Lposted 5 years ago

The glass is both.  The bottom half is full and the top half is empty.

4. MissE profile image80
    MissEposted 5 years ago

I never got this question as a child.  The first time someone asked me I thought it was a joke.  I just looked at them and said "It's both, duh." I was a cheeky little thing sometimes!  big_smile  That's what I have always thought.  It's both!!!  Who came up with this test?  Does anyone know?  I still don't understand how a glass of water indicates how you view life.

5. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 5 years ago

Sorry guys but technically you are all wrong. big_smile
    The glass is full, half full of water and half full of the various gasses and particulate matter that makes up the air we breathe. It is not like there is a vacuum in half that glass ya know tongue

1. 0
      Revive@OwnRiskposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You're right. I concede to you!

1. kirstenblog profile image78
        kirstenblogposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I wonder what it says about me, maybe that I am terminally optimistic big_smile

2. 69
      logic,commonsenseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Does that mean that some people are gasey?

6. tobey100 profile image61
    tobey100posted 5 years ago

As someone that appreciates a tall, cold bourbon and coke, if the glass appears to be half full I'd have to say it doesn't have enough ice in it but I'd still be optimistic that someone would come along and buy another round.

My boss just came up with a good one.  As a former psychologist his response was, "The more important question is....what does your mother say about the glass?"   lol lol

7. iantoPF profile image88
    iantoPFposted 5 years ago

It depends on whether you are filling it or emptying it.

1. 60
      C.J. Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

LOL, I was just about to post the same thing! DITTO