Average traffic per hub per week

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (44 posts)
  1. Traqqer profile image67
    Traqqerposted 13 years ago

I know this can range wildly, but what would you say is a good average number of views per hub per week?

1. MissE profile image78
      MissEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Each hub is different.  My least popular hub may only get 10 , but my most popular one right now gets probably over 1,000.  It depends on the hub and subject.

1. MissE profile image78
        MissEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I looked at my analytics, the highest one gets between 2,000- 5,000/ wk.

1. OpinionDuck profile image62
          OpinionDuckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How would you say your comments are in numbers per hub, or highest hub.

2. Traqqer profile image67
        Traqqerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I guess you're right. My hubs are really low at the moment. Do you do any marketing of your hubs? If so, where? Thanks

3. KristenGrace profile image62
        KristenGraceposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with Miss E, my hubs vary greatly because the topics are so different.  I've had over 2,000 in a week and then some as low as around ten (such as poetry)

2. saleheensblog profile image62
      saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

HP says good hubs get 10 views daily on an average.

1. saleheensblog profile image62

organic

1. iamalegend profile image60
          iamalegendposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yes. My most popular hub getting 9-10 views per day.Overall i'm getting 30-40 views per day.

2. psycheskinner profile image83
        psycheskinnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mine average 10 per week and I make absolutely no effort at SEO or promotion whatsoever.  So that is probably a baseline figure to build from.

1. Traqqer profile image67

OK, good. I'll use that as a comparison basis.

2. saleheensblog profile image62

10 views x 100 hub x 30 days = 30,000 views per month. If one get 1 click per 200 view its 150 clicks per month. Not bad, what do you think? But its not easy even to get 10 views for every hub. Some keyword research is a must.

1. psycheskinner profile image83
            psycheskinnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Re: "Must" to keyword research to average 10/wk, I haven't found that to be the case.

1. saleheensblog profile image62

i was talking about 10/day smile

2. Pcunix profile image89
              Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There are no "musts".

There are exceptions to everything.  Personally, I don't bother with keyword research at all, but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't make more money if I did.

I'm lazy.  Here at HP I'm averaging about 5 views per hub per week, but that's over 6 months and of course it goes higher every month.  If I concentrated on things people actually search for rather than writing whatever I feel like, I'm sure that would be much higher.

I'm not going to say "do as I say" because people should do whatever they want. If keyword research annoys you and you are happy with what you get now, don't do it.  If you find it a fascinating bit of detective work, go for it.

But no "musts" smile

3. Traqqer profile image67

Thanks, that's good to know!

3. David 470 profile image81
      David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

1) would say 700-2100 views per week would be amazing. (or more)

2)70-140 would be decent.(this is where quantity is better if hubs get this much)

3)Then there are lower performing hubs that may only get

1. David 470 profile image81
        David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

There is no true answer, but in my experience that would be how I would say it. There are other factors involved such as PPC and CTR, but I am just talking about general traffic.

4. warchild75 profile image63
      warchild75posted 13 years agoin reply to this

My lowest hub gets 0 views (really must look into that) and my highest about 1000 but if you want to talk averages i guess im getting 20 views per hub per day!! Not great

5. Suzanne Day profile image94
      Suzanne Dayposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have 7 hubs, used to be an SEO keyword writer for a company at one point so hit the ground running. I get roughly 30 page views a day, have earnt 25 cents and been here for two weeks. I definitely agree research keywords (only broadly - to find most traffic, minimal competition type words). Also choose a topic that will sell something (eg patterns and recipes might not sell a lot whereas travel is more likely to offer BROAD SELLING OPPORTUNITIES like flights and accommodation). I feel like it's a little in limbo at present as waiting on Google's few month lag to get properly sorted out with PR etc. On 3rd page of Google with some of my hubs. Anyway, hope it picks up eventually and will wait to see what happens next....

2. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

As useful as average temperature across the hospital lol

3. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

I am presently averaging between 7,000-10,000 views a week. wink

What is good? Is subjective to the amount of effort given.

*Quality of Content(including grammar)
    *Keyword rich Content
    *Unique Niche market
    *Backlinks(optional for some hubs)

Edit: And no, I didn't give a average per hub- too varied.

1. Karanda profile image81
      Karandaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Easy to calculate though. You have 143 hubs so 7,000 views averages almost 49, 10,000 views almost 70. Sheesh, your averages are excellent, must read more of your hubs and see how you do it.

4. Mark Ewbie profile image83
    Mark Ewbieposted 13 years ago

By uncanny foresight and good fortune I have stumbled either on the rarest topics that people are searching for OR managed a very creditable page 499 on Google.

This manages to keep my views to a level where it is practical to record each one in a leatherette diary that I purchased specially.

My two clicks I have now framed and arranged, inasmuch as you can arrange two of anything, in an alcove where I am also planning to putting my Hubnugget win accreditation.

edit:  I just checked the Hubnugget thing.  Came second from last in the voting.  I hate Hubpages.

1. Pandoras Box profile image61
      Pandoras Boxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Too funny!

2. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This reply is worth reading again for a good chuckle!

3. Karanda profile image81

Ah, you poor thing. Keep working at it Ewbie, I know you're going places.

4. slc334 profile image40
      slc334posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Errrr, I am so frustrated with hubpages!... but still love it.  I've actually written a rant if anyone is interested:
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Why-Hubspages-i … ol-Romance

5. LondonGirl profile image82
    LondonGirlposted 13 years ago

It depends, I think.

Leaving aside new hubs, mine get about 10 - 12 views a day, on average.

Plus I have some "seasonal" hubs - so my Christmas / January ones right now have lots of views, but my Easter ones don't, oddly enough.

6. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

Well, currently I'm getting about 800 views per hub a week. But I had a huge weekend so it'll definitely be closer to 200 next week.

1. profile image57
      C.J. Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I bet you did. That was a great sense of timing. IPOD gets the Beatles and then the anniversary of John Lennon's assasination. Nice work. All this and your down in the back. Hubpages will make a greedy capitalist out of you yet;)

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Actually, the hub that got all the traffic was about cartoon characters, thanks to Facebook.

7. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

Let us not forget that for those who care about money, views don't matter.

My highest earning webpage made three times the money (about $75 this month so far) as the page that had four times as many visitors.   That's typical for that page.  I can't give CTR because Google doesn't like that, but I can say it is far, far higher than what is considered "normal"

So, yeah, it's always fun to measure stuff and generally speaking more views means more money, but it is the money that matters (unless it just doesn't matter at all, which is fine, too).

1. Mark Ewbie profile image83
      Mark Ewbieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congrats on your 100, very impressed.

1. Pcunix profile image89
        Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh, well, that's like the third time now.

It will go away soon.  Meaningless, impossible to understand and sticks into my chin.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image83
          Mark Ewbieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Lol, good point.  But it makes me feel good, hanging out with a centurion.  Young too.

8. jwsc101 profile image57
    jwsc101posted 13 years ago

Hi All, this is a really interesting hub.  I am way below these levels on any of my hubs, but I only started 4 months ago.  I am wondering what I am doing wrong, is it my content or is it simply a matter of time?

1. Karanda profile image81

Time definitely. Write quality content as often as you can and wait. You might want to add some more info to your profile, as this can help your author score.

9. profile image0
    Hovalisposted 13 years ago

Honestly, I know that there's a lot of different opinions on this, but I believe that the amount of traffic you get isn't as important as the quality of traffic you get. Compared to some of the big boys I don't get that much traffic. Roughly 700-900 hits a day across two accounts and 150 hubs. But on the hubs where I've consciously done the research and targeted the hubs to the reader, I get more sales and clicks on less traffic, than some of the more unfocussed or poorly keyword researched ones, and some of the more ambitious hubs where I've done the research, but is in a more competitive area.

It's something to think about. Volume will increase your chances of getting a sale or click, but lower volume with less competing pages, just might get you there just as fast. Mind you, I know there are hubbers such as Misha, who have a whole different philosophy on the traffic idea and is very successful for him. (read his hub on the subject, it is well worth the read).

Either way, you will find that your traffic steadies and increases over time. My best performing ones had been here over a year before they started getting steady traffic.

1. simeonvisser profile image68
      simeonvisserposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why have you spread your hubs across two accounts? Is there any benefit in doing that? Are there things that don't fit in your main account that you then publish at the second account?

1. profile image0
        Hovalisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The majority of my commercial hubs are on the second account so that I don't bore any of my readers with them, and also to help protect my niches. This account has my more 'serious' writing. And, really, once you get above 100 hubs you'll find that they are harder to manage on one account.

Let's just say, it works for me. smile

1. simeonvisser profile image68
          simeonvisserposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't mind at all that you have second account so you can indeed do whatever works for you. But if there is any strategic benefit in doing so then I'm willing to learn. I only have 10 hubs now and I'll see how to  manage it all when I have 100 or more.

2. Misha profile image64
      Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey, thanks for the plug Hovalis smile And I don;t think our methods differ that much - we both shoot for a low competition, just using different approaches. Low competition is the key either way smile

10. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Here's my real reply on this thread.

Hubber RyanKett got it spot on. We have entered a giant lottery and every hub is a ticket.

Keyword researched hubs have a greater chance of winning.

Even with good keyword research, expect only a small percentage to do well.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)