jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

How do I change the look of my Hub page?

1. hannahmaewrites profile image60
    hannahmaewritesposted 6 years ago

I am new and would like to know how I can customize the look of my hub page.  Instead of it just being black and white text.  Is there any way to customize this?  I could not find the question or answer in the forums.  Thanks.

hannahmaewrites

1. Robin profile image
      Robinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Welcome Hannah!  I would recommend leaving your text black, but adding customization through original photos and other capsules that enhance the text.  Capsules are how a Hub is organized, i.e.,  photo capsule, video capsule, text capsule, poll capsule, quiz capsule, amazon capsule, etc.  If you have any questions, the forums are a great place to ask.  You can also find a lot of information in our Learning Center:  http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/

We are so glad that you decided to share your writing here; it's a great community of writers and people!

hannahmaewritesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Robin, it is appreciated.  I think a little rearranging will need to be done as well.  I can draw the eye to a certain piece with pictures like you said.  I will visit the link above as well.  Thanks again.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Welcome! There may be some HTML tags that will do that for you. I have certainly seen people use red text on the forums, so why not. Hopefully, someone who has actually done this will come along.

Tried some HTML in a post to enhance it and I kept getting an error that I have to clean it up.  So I wasn't able to post with HTML.  I tried, but again I am still learning about the HTML and how that all works.  Thanks for the tip.

1. 0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You are welcome! I found this prior forum discussion, which relates to what I was saying about HTML tags. (Note the difference between HTML code and HTML tags):

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/36170

3. saleheensblog profile image59
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

I don't think its possible in hub though I haven't tried yet but you can do it in forum

welcome to HP

4. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

To see the codes on the forum, click "Reply" then "formatting."

1. saleheensblog profile image59
      saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol I see it. just click on text formatting underneath the right corner of the comment box of forum , all the info is there.

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/4229440_f248.jpg

1. 0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I know you do. I was posting for Hannahmaewrites' information. I use Chronological view, so it works a bit differently.

1. saleheensblog profile image59
          saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

actually I too use chronological view. And you said it right, "To see the codes on the forum, click "Reply" then "formatting."

2. hannahmaewrites profile image60

I see. I can format for the forum but not for my posts.  So the best way to customize and draw attention to a particular piece is to use imagery.  I am still getting my feet wet and playing with how I have the capsules arranged.  Thanks for the instant answers.

working