New Home Page - Article Selection

1. travelespresso profile image83
    travelespressoposted 5 years ago

I like the new home page as its very pleasing to look at and it has some great information.

However, I have some reservations and I agree with some expressed in another forum post - especially the focus on earning money.  Sure you can earn money but if new recruits come here for that express purpose they will be very disappointed.

But, I'm really confused about another issue.  I write a lot of travel articles so naturally I followed the links to see what articles had been showcased.  I was a little disappointed to see that none of mine were shown. 

But, of course there are a LOT of great writers here.  I kept clicking to see who had been showcased.  What I discovered is that some of the articles were only loosely related to travel and many had extremely low hubber scores - like 60 or even lower. 

Why?  Why and how are they chosen?  Do they change?

1. Simone Smith profile image92
      Simone Smithposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hey travelespresso!
      New Hubs to be featured on the homepage (the one that signed-out visitors see) are selected each week and refreshed each Monday.
      The Hubs are selected based on HubScore, traffic, and a lot of other features, but are ultimately chosen and curated by the HubPages staff.  Not all Hubs that we'd like to feature on the homepage end up making it, simply because in order to be featured, the image has to be large enough.
      As for the money focus- that's really just featured on one section of the page.  What we highlight first and foremost is the Hubs, and we also have social media updates, news, blog posts, and a video intro explaining what the site is... so there's lots there big_smile
      Hope that clears things up though!