jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Hi, I just want to know if I am doing a good job, or not.

1. Yaright profile image61
    Yarightposted 5 years ago

I've been using Hubpages for about two weeks now. I have 8 hubs, some still need more information, while a couple I think are complete. I just want to know if I'm on the right track, and if my hubs look good. I hope I'm not breaking the rule to the left, I'm not trying to promote my hubs on this forum, I just want some advice, and support.

"Note that promoting your own Hubs or linking to external sites is not allowed" I'm not trying to break this rule I just want some helpful advice. I hope I am posting in the right section. If I'm not I am sorry, forgive me.

Please tell me where I can improve!

Thank you,

1. Mikeydoes profile image80
      Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You are allowed to post hubs you want reviewed in the Extreme Hub Makeover Forum.

Post a couple of your favorites there, as most people can't really look through every hub.

I took a look at your Fishing and Hunting hub. It has a wealth of information, which is great.

It can be improved to make you money and get you views.

It is very important that you move your pictures down, that way the ad will be at the top right. So move those pictures down.

Also your keywords can really be improved. Your title is fishing and hunting. If you put that in search you will never find yours at the first page of google. You want your title and keywords to find a niche that will get you more views.

1. 0
        Sophia Angeliqueposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I looked at the Stanford experiment article. Very nice. I'd probably put in key phrases rather than just one word. Also, sometimes put in two or three words. The phrases tend to be unique and are picked up by search engines more easily. wink

2. Rosie2010 profile image82
        Rosie2010posted 5 years ago in reply to this

thank you, this advice helped me too.

2. Brupie profile image84
      Brupieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I noticed a few things while reading your hubs.  You have linked a lot.  When I see that many links, I get distracted.  Some people do this for SEO or Hub Karma, but I worry about people clicking out of my hub and not coming back.  I suggest being a bit more stingy with suggested links.

As a fellow Minnesotan I wanted to look at the sentencing guidelines hub, but had a hard time getting through it.  I suggest breaking up paragraphs into smaller pieces, and bringing more of yourself into it.  You make clear that you are expressing your opinions, so show your passion.  You seem to be trying to make points, but remain strictly fair and factual - if you are advocating changes, advocate!

1. Rosie2010 profile image82
        Rosie2010posted 5 years ago in reply to this

great advice.  I'll follow you advice on links.  thanks

2. Yaright profile image61
    Yarightposted 5 years ago

Thank you very much I will move them pictures down right away. I'll adjust the keywords as well.

Thanks again Mikeydoes

3. Urbane Chaos profile image91
    Urbane Chaosposted 5 years ago

I looked at this hub: "Computer programs that are a must have"

I agree with Mikey here as well - move the pictures down to give the ads the most prominent position.  That's HP SEO rule #1. 

I would also recommend doing some research on keywords and learn how to incorporate them into your articles.  The page I looked at wasn't bad, but I think it could be targeted a little tighter.

Judging from Mikey's help here as well, you may want to take a look at your other articles and see if they have the same issues.  If you use Firefox, I would also download SEOQuake.  You sound like you're pretty computer savvy, so tweaking the program shouldn't be that big of a deal.  Just make sure to take off all of the in-page stats the program offers.  Google doesn't like them.

Overall, it was an excellent read.  The information was current and easy to follow.  Above all, the article was *helpful*.  That's hard to find in many articles.