jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (12 posts)

What did I do?

1. Guru-C profile image54
    Guru-Cposted 9 years ago

I don't know what to make of a marked and sustained drop in traffic on my hubs.  I have a relatively high hubscore and a number of hubs in the 80's and 90's with a great deal of original content.  While I never had overwhelming traffic, I always had over 100 page views per day until recently.  Tonight I hit an all-time low of 15!  No, this isn't something to brag about...  I have fans, I use social bookmarking, I'm a nice person.  I just don't know what's going on.  Any suggestions?  Help!!!!

2. SunSeven profile image60
    SunSevenposted 9 years ago

Hi Guru! Same thing here. Traffic and adsense revenue is down by more than half for me too. sad

3. 61
    mtsouthposted 9 years ago

I've noticed this too.  Some hubs aren't getting indexed or are getting deindexed from Google.  I've tried many different things, but can't get them indexed again.  I'm not sure if this is a Hubpages issue or a Google issue.

4. jimmythejock profile image82
    jimmythejockposted 9 years ago

The drop in traffic is as expected with the removal of the adult hubs, the revenue will also drop for the same reason, a little patience will be rewarded, and the stats and revenue will go up again soon....jimmy

5. SunSeven profile image60

Thanks for the assurance jimmy. I was getting a little worried about this.

6. Guru-C profile image54
    Guru-Cposted 9 years ago

First of all, thank you, SunSeven, for your prompt reply and Jimmy, for your reassurance.  It's good to know that in time, our traffic will head back upwards.

7. SunSeven profile image60

I guess thats why we are called fellow Hubbers. Have fun Guru. All the best.

8. Guru-C profile image54
    Guru-Cposted 9 years ago

Dear SunSeven,
    Besides beautiful and brilliant, you are so sweet! 
    Wishing you much success,

9. GreatTattoosNow profile image61
    GreatTattoosNowposted 9 years ago

I have noticed a drop in my traffic also.  However, over time these things (traffic) seems to go up and down.  Building quality hubpages with lots of backlinks to them really helps in the long run.  Good old fashioned link building and seo seem to be the way to go.

10. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

There is some belief that google modified their algorithm a bit recently and that those changes may have hurt user generated content sites like HubPages a bit.

However, because around the same time we started removing adult content and had some other minor structural changes, its a bit hard for us to say with any certainty.   We've seen maybe a 15-20% drop in traffic to hubs (excluding adult).   Some hubs have been hurt more, some are actually doing better.

1. jstankevicz profile image81
      jstankeviczposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Ouch, my Google traffic has dryed up!

11. ramesh profile image59
    rameshposted 9 years ago

same case here too there's a big drop in traffic to my hubs in last 2 weeks..
    well the removal of adult hubs is a good step for the site quality maintenance but its afecting the traffic so much..
    i used to get 10,000 pageviews for all of my hubs each day ..of which 35% are from google..
    now its less than 4000 a day,with google traffic falling to 15% a drastic change in traffic these days ...hope this gets fixed soon..
    paul, u guyz plz do something to get traffic as per the new algorithm of google...