jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Question--

1. Ann Smith profile image59
    Ann Smithposted 8 years ago

Thanks those of you who have joined my fan club!  Now I proudly have a few fans!  ;-) 

Question:  I have several articles posted on helium.com ...  Helium is okay if I publish the articles elsewhere as long as it is okay on the other party's end.  Is it okay with HubPages if I post an article that I wrote that is also on helium.com?

Thank you!

1. ProCW profile image83
      ProCWposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I'm not the hubpages' final authority on this - but NO! haha

They want original content here Ann. Are the hubs that you've posted so far duplicate content?

ProCW

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Hi Ann, and welcome.  It's OK with HubPages if you post the articles but they won't do very well.  When I first joined HubPages, I started by posting several of my Helium articles.  They never did well and I ended up going back and revising them extensively.

This is what Helium doesn't tell you - they don't mind you publishing elsewhere, but the search engines don't like duplicate content.  On HubPages (and on Helium too, for that matter), you won't earn any money if the search engines don't like your articles. So duplicate content is a bad idea! 

I only wish I'd found that out before I published nearly 200 articles on Helium...

2. Ann Smith profile image59

No, the hubs I have published here are ALL original, as are the ones at helium.com .

3. ProCW profile image83
    ProCWposted 8 years ago

Good then! smile Don't duplicate your content... it'll hurt your scores.

ProCW

4. Ann Smith profile image59

Thank you.  Glad I asked!

5. Maddie Ruud profile image83
    Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago

Hi Ann:

You can see a more in-depth answer on this previous forum thread.

working