jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

how to improve my hub

1. jagandelight profile image87
    jagandelightposted 5 years ago

please critique my hub and let me know what I am doing wrong or advice on improving them.

2. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 5 years ago

post 2/3 links, please. You won't get 10 people to look at your 10 different hubs or one person to look at all the 10 hubs. smile

3. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

You may want to change some of your titles.

The main way you'll be getting traffic to your hubs will hopefully soon be search engines. To attract traffic you need to match your hub titles to what people are searching. For instance there are probably not many people typing "Zeus" into a search engine. On the other hand "Why I love my dog, Zeus, (breed)" is more likely to match some criteria that people are searching.

Also, a lot of your content is personal. If you want to get good, high quality traffic, it's important to make people want to read what you write. And writing a blog post is unlikely to do that.

Consider writing in the second or third person and breaking your text up into more capsules.

4. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 5 years ago

some places to improve:

~split your text in more text capsule. At least 3 text capsule is recommended.

~If your first text capsule has at least 120 words you will get the bigger block of ads just beside it on top of your hub that is helpful to increase the click through rate. In this case don't set a photo on top of the hub. After the first capsule you can insert a shorter capsule and finally you can insert a bigger capsule. It will help you to get a better ads placement in your hub.

~ Your keywords are highly competitive and you stand less chance to rank for those keywords. Find some high traffic less competitive keyword. You can try some long tail keywords too. This tool will be helpful. https://adwords.google.com/o/Targeting/ … earch.none

~ Title is very important for a hub for getting more traffic. You can learn the best process of choosing a title, topic and keywords here

~Make full use of other capsules. Amazon capsule may bring you money from sales, rss feed will keep the reader in touch with your other hubs and news capsule will always refresh your hub with fresh new content that plays a important role in search engine optimization.

~Write a summary text for each hub. Summary text is a short description of your hub that will be shown under your URL in search engine. A engaging, relevant, keyword rich summary has a good impact on click through rate.

If you don't write it yourself HP will pick it up automatically. In that case you can avoid writing a summary by making the first few sentences[30-35 words]look like a summary of your hub.

~ Take the advices of WryLit. Write fresh content on topics that people search frequently.

Welcome to hubpages. You have a good start. I like your hubs and plenty of images make those more appealing. smile

5. iceangel profile image61
    iceangelposted 5 years ago

Keep on writing original contents for you hub,create links to your hubs,make comments and comment on other people's hub.Think this will go a long way in improving your hub.
    Hope this was useful to you,me and others.