jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (13 posts)

December Traffic

1. liswilliams profile image60
    liswilliamsposted 5 years ago

So I take it December is a bad month for traffic. I have had recent success with hubpages and adsense over the last couple of months, but this month my page views have gone down quite a bit.

1. atulhost profile image60
      atulhostposted 5 years ago in reply to this

This may be effect of festival and holidays of Christmas. I also suffer a downside in terms of traffic to my website.

2. Mark Knowles profile image61
      Mark Knowlesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It really depends on the subjects you write about. Some things just get searched for more or less in the holiday seasons. I wouldn't worry unless the down ward trend continues.

3. 0
      cookingdivaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I am new to HP so I can not comment but I heard that usually Christmas was great traffic for product related gifts hubs? Am I missing something?

2. RedElf profile image85
    RedElfposted 5 years ago

My first week of December was excellent - best month ever so far for AdSense - even amazon is OK - the usual but OK.

It's been a steady build from early October to the fist 10 days of Dec.

Traffic is tailing off a bit now, but it's not even back down to normal levels yet, so I am happy with December so far.

3. emievil profile image85
    emievilposted 5 years ago

Have to agree with RedElf there. My Adsense earnings are at all time high during these last 9 days or so. Amazon is so - so, not expecting much from that. But my page views are going up (maybe because of my Christmas hubs?). I may even hit 200,000 views by end of this month (I hope) smile.

4. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 5 years ago

I don't find December to be as good for me as other months of the year.  While I may have a month that is lower in traffic or earnings from the month before it, I also compare it to that same month the previous year.

According to the stats I just calculated, the first nine days of December 2010 is showing a 98% increase in revenue over the same period in 2009.  As far as I'm concerned, I'm having a great December so far.

5. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

So far this December I've made over $100 from Adsense and Amazon. It's certainly shaping up to be a great month for me!

6. liswilliams profile image60
    liswilliamsposted 5 years ago

Thanks guys, I don't have many amazon or seasonal hubs so I guess that will tell you something.  Back to building some more links. Hope to have a sweet January!

7. cre8tive profile image81
    cre8tiveposted 5 years ago

My traffic has been eratic this month, up and down like a yo-yo, which I think is mainly due to people searching different topics to the rest of the year.

Adsense started well this month but has dropped which it tends to do mid month for me anyway. Amazon though is doing well, it's already exceeded Nov by quite a margin.

The lesson for me in this going forward is going to be about balancing hubs so there are some to suit all points of the year.

8. CMHypno profile image88
    CMHypnoposted 5 years ago

I have had good traffic in December, but probably because of the Christmas Hubs.

Expecting to fall over the edge of the traffic cliff on December 26th! LOL smile

9. Polly C profile image88
    Polly Cposted 5 years ago

I am getting relatively high traffic right now - it was great in November and hasn't tailed off yet. I wrote 80 product hubs on a new account though, and am definitely seeing a lot of sales. Most of my earnings are coming from amazon, but I am generally thinking that this will probably not last for long unless I get on with writing a lot more hubs geared towards other times of the year! Still, I am happy anyway, they will pay for my Christmas shopping when I get the cheque!

10. MM Del Rosario profile image80
    MM Del Rosarioposted 5 years ago

November and December are always the best months for me , I think because I have a lot of Christmas hubs...but so far so good.