jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)

Hurray for the erratic ways of how Hubber score works

1. 2uesday profile image89
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

Well just to reassure those who take a dip in their hubscore to heart, I have manages to drop from 99( in the last week) to 95 at the moment despite having a hot hub on the first page for several days at one time it was in the top slot.I have had more comments than usual too. So be it, personally I would hate to be 100 as then the only way is down. smile smile smile

1. 0
      cookingdivaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I am sorry that it dropped from 99 to 95. However, it does make me better knowing expert like you going through up and down, it must be normal. I have been hovering over 90 to 86, who knows for sure.

I have follower coming and dropping...been busy day!

Just so you know, you always be 99 to me!

2. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Congrats there, There is a 100 dollar thread somewhere in the forum. Mine fluctuates from 96 to 100.

2. Mark Ewbie profile image83
    Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago

Although it's irritating I think it's a good thing that it moves around.  Otherwise the same faces would hog the top spots.  This way everyone gets a chance.

That's what I keep telling myself.

I'm on a up at the moment - but if I dare to leave this forum for a moment...

3. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 5 years ago

94 now lol lol

4. Pcunix profile image88
    Pcunixposted 5 years ago

It's a dartboard. I can't prove it, and I know they'll deny it, but I'm sure it is true.

Once in a while whoever throws my dart hits the bullseye. Usually they miss.

It has to be that, because nothing else makes any sense. My traffic can be up, I get a few dozen new Usefuls etc., Adsense kicks in some money, I hop some hubs, help out in the forums and even get a few plus votes on Answers and I log in the next day and I'm back to 96.

The guy with the dart missed.  It has to be.

5. 2uesday profile image89
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

hi Pcunix I like your post here it made me smile because I think you maybe right about it. I did say in a comment once that I think it is controlled by a hamster running in a wheel and some days it wants to fall asleep so it goes slower and your score drops. Maybe I like your dartboard theory better. I guess I would not have mentioned it most days, just short on sleep and felt like saying something.

I am not that bothered about it but it is a bit of a puzzle,still there are bigger mysteries in life to ponder on than a number in the corner of a photo.

Hi saleheenblog yes well I once unpublished some hubs and the score went up so that was even more of a puzzle. Maybe if I unpublish enough of them it will go back up again ( just joking). smile

Thanks prettydarkhorse, and Mark, hi cookingdiva thank you that is nice of you to say.

I'll leave this now to sink, or I might just cause a further drop in my scores [I was careful how I typed that smile].

6. SimeyC profile image86
    SimeyCposted 5 years ago

To be honest I've stopped caring about it anymore - I was at 100 for a couple of days last week, and went down to 95 for a few days and am back up at 99.....but I tend to focus on my traffic and my income as the real indicators of how well I am doing! I think in general, the traffic you get from 100 is not that great unless you get featured on the front page - and as that feature has gone now, then 100 seems to be a meaningless number that populates a list that only internal hubbers only look at....maybe!!! *grin*

7. b. Malin profile image61
    b. Malinposted 5 years ago

I will never under stand how the system works...when I was on the road traveling for five days, and not writing (I had 50 Hubs at that point) my score went from 92-91-90 and now...I'm back with my "Mac" wrote one short story, three parts and 2 more hubs, giving me 55 Hubs and a score of 86...GO FIGURE! It is annoying!!!

8. richtwf profile image61
    richtwfposted 5 years ago

The system certainly makes you think at first but then after a while you stop thinking about how it works. Forgetting about it is probably the best thing and if it climbs up and you get that elusive and magical 100 then great! lol

9. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

The thing that kind of makes me chuckle about my own is that it tends to get highest when I don't do much of anything, and then if I do something it pretty much inevitably drops.  (What's that tel me?  lol)  I have some guesses about why/how that seems to happen, but it sure can look like I'm being given "points" for staying away.   smile.  If you live through enough of those ups-and-downs, though, you really know there's really no point/benefit to paying attention to it, as long as it's reasonably decent.

10. richtwf profile image61
    richtwfposted 5 years ago

When I've been very active my hub score has fallen but of late when I've been very active again - guess what - it hasn't fallen but risen which you would expect so I don't know what to expect anymore - except to expect the unexpected! lol