jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Is it okay to respond to other Hubbers in a Hub?

1. Titen-Sxull profile image93
    Titen-Sxullposted 5 years ago

I haven't been all that involved here Hub Pages since I joined - I typically just post my hubs and hope someone reads them. I recently came across a Hub, however, that just about got my blood-boiling. The user did not have a Comment capsule so I couldn't respond. I clicked the Hubber's name but noticed their contact button is missing.

So my question is: Is it okay to make a hub responding to this person's Hub?

I don't plan on being demeaning or insulting in my response, just a straight up rebuttal.

If the answer is yes than I have a follow-up: Can I use excerpts or quotes of this person's hub in my own hub response?

Thanks in advance for any help,

2. saleheensblog profile image61
    saleheensblogposted 5 years ago
  3. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

The hub has to be about something, not merely personal in nature, lest it becomes substandard. Any form of personal attack or insult is to be avoided, lest there would be a TOS violation. Quotes and excerpts are subject to the "fair use" principles of copyright law, in this respect HubPages is just like any other website.

Once you are done, if you do publish, you can post a link to the Extreme Hub Makeover forum and ask for critique.

1. Titen-Sxull profile image93
      Titen-Sxullposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you.

I don't plan on doing any Ad Hom or personal attacks, just a rebuttal of the Hub itself. I suppose I will go ahead and write it and post it and see what happens, but I'm going do several drafts so it will be ready to post if and when I do.

Thanks again,