jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Hub Metrics - Number of Words

1. GmaGoldie profile image86
    GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago

I have been trying to look at Hub Metrics more often.  In fact, I built a spreadsheet to help me track the Hubs with more dollar signs and the number of words.

I read about the tags and search terms all the time, but what about the length of the Hub?  I know content and relevance is king to Google but should I be concern with 500 or 1000 words?  I just finished a Hub with 998 words - does it matter that I am technically 2 words short?

I simply need a guide to put my energies in focus to make the hubs as best as they can be.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image84
      Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Don't worry about the two words!  Or you could sign off "GMA Goldie".

500 seems to be a sensible minimum.  Personally I feel over 1500 might be too much, but I have a low patience / attention threshhold.

If a piece feels right then it is right.

2. sofs profile image88
    sofsposted 5 years ago

Gmagoldie there is no hard and fast rule on the number of words, it is only an approximate length that is spoken about.. 998 words is excellent anything more than 700 does catch Google attention and you write excellent stuff so don't worry go ahead and do what you do best. smile

3. Urbane Chaos profile image90
    Urbane Chaosposted 5 years ago

Personally, I like to keep mine right at about 1200-1300 words, but it really doesn't matter.  First, I write out the article in word just so that I can see where I'm at as I'm going. Then I copy and paste it into a hub.

But, if the article is readable and interesting, the number of words doesn't matter.  Focus more on writing good content than counting words..