jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Getting started???

1. Kimmoy Lyric profile image61
    Kimmoy Lyricposted 5 years ago

As you all know, the learning center has a ton of info on gettng started.  However, i'm still lost. lol I can't figure out how and why i give a web address to a hub...so, as you can see i'm a little off.  i'm assuming you choose a topic and start writing but i'm obviously wrong. I dont have a website, so what web site URL should i put? the side bar says to be consistant, and put a website that matched the topic but my topic is something I created, i'm so confused..any help would be great.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image84
      Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You start a hub.  Key in the title.  The software does the rest for you.  You don't need to give it any web address - it's all automatic.

1. Kimmoy Lyric profile image61
        Kimmoy Lyricposted 5 years ago in reply to this

it didnt....i swear lol

2. 0
      cookingdivaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you look top top right corner when you login, there is tab called start a new hub, place a title, it will create a URL automatically based on the title of your hub, then you find appropriate category and start writing your hub.

You do not need a website to write on hubpages.

2. sofs profile image85
    sofsposted 5 years ago

A hub is an article that you write which has a seperate URL. You do not have to give it a URl as it takes your Title  as an URL automatically.  You choose the topic  and write a piece. Hope this helps, welcome to HP and best wishes to you. smile You will get by dont worry!

3. Joy56 profile image60
    Joy56posted 5 years ago

hi have you sussed it out yet..... waiting to read one of your hubs

4. Urbane Chaos profile image92
    Urbane Chaosposted 5 years ago

The best thing to do is just to start a hub.  It'll walk you through how to do everything.  Reading is fine, but if you haven't started a hub in the first place then much of what you read won't make any sense.

Besides, if you start one and don't like it, you can always leave it unpublished.  Treat it as a learning experience and move on to the next.

5. Aficionada profile image93
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

As Mark Ewbie said, the software takes care of creating the URL when you type in the title before actually writing the Hub.  (Start by clicking on "start a new hub" and see what happens.)

But at that time (and only at that time), before you leave that page, you can change the URL - that is, if your title is very detailed and you would like to keep the keywords, but make it shorter (for example), that is the time to do it. 

Once you have created the URL, it's set and cannot be changed.  The title can be changed, but not the URL.