jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Does HubPages use the "replace an affiliate" ID

1. brandonhart100 profile image82
    brandonhart100posted 5 years ago

I've noticed while using widgets on WordPress that there is an option to override any other affiliate ID when someone clicks on my amazon item in an article.  Is that done here at HubPages? 

Just Curious.

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

If I understand what you mean, that is something that is an automatic part of Amazon. From their TOS:

A “Session” begins when a customer clicks through a Special Link on your site to the Amazon Site and ends upon the first to occur of the following: (x) 24 hours elapses from the customer’s initial click-through; (y) the customer places an order for a Product that is not a Digital Product; or (z) the customer follows a link to the Amazon Site that is formatted with an Associate’s tag that is not assigned to you.

So, if someone clicks on one of your Amazon ads, the cookie automatically goes to you. You don't need an option or a widget to make that happen.

Or is there something I'm missing?

1. brandonhart100 profile image82
      brandonhart100posted 5 years ago in reply to this

@ Irohner - Thanks for the quick response.  I guess that is a simple enough answer.  If it's automatic I wonder why the option on the widget?

1. azam97rm profile image60
        azam97rmposted 5 years ago in reply to this

hi, from what I understand. you have 2 options.

1. use add link - you can put amazon link with any affiliate ID
        2. use amazon capsule - amazon link in this capsule will refer to the ID you have entered in your affiliate setting in your hubpages account. so, this option is automatic just like Irohner has mentioned.