jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Amazon Style Hub

1. R-J-T profile image60
    R-J-Tposted 6 years ago

Hello,

here is one of my first efforts on a hub focused on selling amazon products, can everyone please look at it and give honest feedback on how I can improve it for the reader, and for more amazon sales.

For everyone who gives an honest opinion and on how I can improve it I will be really greatfull, and by honest I mean really honest, if it's crap then say please.

Thank You

http://hubpages.com/hub/oxo-salad-spinner

2. livewithrichard profile image83
    livewithrichardposted 6 years ago

Looks pretty good.  I would add a module for accessories with as many products as you can (2 side by side modules) and if you could find a youtube video on your main product, that would be a benefit too.  Also, try and place a news or rss feed after the comments section. This will keep the page dynamic and constantly updating on its own.  Good luck.

1. R-J-T profile image60
      R-J-Tposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the tips and advice, I think adding a youtube video could be very beneficial thanks for that one, and as far as the side by side modules go I have one further down the page, so if you dint see that I guess that is a bad thing.

3. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Honestly? You need to run your hub through a really strong grammar checker, and learn when to use periods to end a sentence.

Despite that, as I was reading I came across the bit where you claim that you pack your salad spinner in your suitcase and take it with you when you go on vacation. Your credibility dropped to zero on that one. When you are writing about the benefits of a product, you really need to make them seem at least somewhat realistic. smile

1. R-J-T profile image60

Yes, I agree totally my grammar needs a lot of revision which im in the process of trying to improve, but also i think it's important to remember that im not trying to teach english to people and as long as its easy to understand with little spelling mistakes and it has a good flow I'm sure it will be ok.

I actually do take it on vacation. I'm a raw foodist so I use the salad spinner everyday, the big version that is, and when i go on vacation I bring out the smaller version and take it with me.

1. WryLilt profile image89
        WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Your writing hurts my brain. It's not easy to understand. It's runon writing.

And you should make a larger text capsule top right so that Adsense appears there. I make surprisingly good money through Adsense on product hubs.

1. R-J-T profile image60

Ok, I really need to improve my writing skills then, thanks for the honest review and everyone who has given one.

And as far as the larger text capsule goes I have purposely left the text box small to have my products appear above the fold, and the CPC for the keyword is very low, if I could I would get rif of the ads.

1. WryLilt profile image89
            WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I believe that would be arguable - if you have your account set up to show adverts based on user history and location, you can still get high cost clicks.

From what I've seen, the non serious people click and those who are buyers keep going further down.

1. R-J-T profile image60

Ok, thanks for the advice maybe I'll do both and see what comes out on top.

working