jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Follower Suggestion

1. 0
    Donna Ferrierposted 5 years ago

Good afternoon,

I don't know if this is something people would want or not, but I thought it would be useful if we had some way of knowing when a follower stopped following us. I know some people think that's kind of a sad thought, but I personally always wonder who stopped following me when I lose a follower...if nothing else just for curiosity's sake. It would be obvious if I only had like 5 followers, but beyond a few, it's not always obvious who left...lol

Just a thought. smile Happy following everyone. smile

1. nell79 profile image85
      nell79posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't know that I'd want to know that. It's a lot like facebook in that way, and that could be a good thing. Less problems that way, I think. I'd hate the idea of it being announced whenever I decided to stop following someone (not that I've done that so far haha), as I'd feel like I owed an explanation--and while it could go smoothly with lots of people, it could get ugly too.....

But it's an idea anyway, and that's just one opinion. Keep 'em coming! smile

2. 0
      cookingdivaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think you are right, when you starting out, losing 1 follower could be a huge, but not when you have 300 plus. I sometimes want to know if someone leaves why, to see if anything can be changed. Other times, I with nell79, that less I know the better. :-) LOL

Yesterday I lost one, and gained 3-4 I think. I do not know to be sad or happy or both.

2. Hestia DeVoto profile image60
    Hestia DeVotoposted 5 years ago

If people got notified that I had stopped following them, especially if they were going to contact me and ask me why, I wouldn't follow anyone.  That's just too creepy.

1. 0
      Donna Ferrierposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Maybe Hub Pages could make it so that only the author is notified when someone leaves, so that no one else knows.

1. Hestia DeVoto profile image60
        Hestia DeVotoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's exactly what I'm saying I don't want to happen.

3. evvy_09 profile image85
    evvy_09posted 5 years ago

I almost agree with the unfollow notification but then again, I think ultimately it will be a bad idea.  I've lost 2 followers this week and gained one.  Everytime I do lose one I look through my list to try to figure out which one and I never can tell.  Mostly I think it's the ones who start following random people like crazy and then eventually they go away. So really doesn't count as a true follower.

4. Mark Ewbie profile image85
    Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago

If they have decided to stop following then is that a good or bad thing?  I would rather have one follower who actually followed because they wanted to know when I published something new and read it.

If people follow me because they think I will follow back then no chance.  I'm not into that game.  What's the point?

In fact, to go on a bit more, I hope that anyone who isn't into what I do, immediately and permanently stops following me.  Please.

Then I have a chance of knowing who actually likes what I do enough to press the follow button.

To be honest here - I want Google hits, outside hits on my pages.  I don't think they will give a rats ass how many followers I have.

5. vicki simms profile image73
    vicki simmsposted 5 years ago

I was on a forum the other day and it was about a similar subject and they were saying that people will follow you so that you follow them back and they build up there list of people but once you are following them they quit following you.......are you following what i'm saying hahaha
    Joking aside thats pretty much what alot of people do, I wouldn't take it personally just don't automatically follow someone if they follow you cause thats what happens alot of the time smile