jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

What you do think of putting up a Fan Page on Facebook?

1. prairieprincess profile image95
    prairieprincessposted 5 years ago

Has anyone ever tried to do it for their writing?

I was thinking about it, so that I'm not constantly spamming my friends with updates of my articles, that they may not be interested in. The fan page would mean only  those who wanted to sign up for my articles would get the updates.

On the other hand, what if no one signs up?

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have a separate facebook account for my hubpages friends and activities.

I know shadesbreath just started a facebook page and a few other members have them, especially if they're well known or have built a website around their username.

2. brimancandy profile image83
      brimancandyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have a fan page at facebook, to display my artwork. I have 90 friends on Facebook, but only 12 of them have joined my club. So, I really haven't added that much to it. So, unless you have a huge amount of friends on facebook, I wouldn't see that much success with it.

By the way, I do not sell the artwork, and it is not an advertisement for anything. I just like to see what people think of my drawings. I would like to create a hub about it, but, I'm not sure if it would be considered practical.
      I'm worried it my be considered self promotion, and I would be banned.

2. Dame Scribe profile image59
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

Also, I think our individual interactions online with our FB accts brings attention to our own sites and articles indirectly smile least we are not SPAMMING anybody wink