jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

CTR Help

1. Dalyinx profile image86
    Dalyinxposted 6 years ago

So, I'd like a little bit of help.  My busiest hub is also the one with the lowest AdSense CTR.  It's a bit frustrating since about 30% of my daily traffic comes from this hub (it usually gets about 80 views a day.)  The problem is that the CTR is like <CTR snipped, do not post your CTR>.  I have another one that's quite low, but it's not getting the same traffic so it doesn't bother me as much.

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-get-big-traps is the hub. 

I'd like to bump it up to about ##%, even ##% if that's possible.  Does anyone have any tips as far as picture and capsule placement goes?

I appreciate it, thanks.

Oh, also.  Another thing I noticed is that only some of my hubs are showing up on the AdSense channel data.  Ads, however, are showing on all of them.  Does anyone know what the deal with that is?

2. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

First of all, you better remove your CTR from your comments - it's against google ToS to reveal that.

As long as you have your advert placed first thing top right (simply have a text box with 120-135 words at the top of the hub for this to appear), there isn't much else you can do without getting technical and changing keywords and adsense setup.

Some topics are just naturally low CTR - some traffic has more 'banner blindness' than others.

Dalyinxposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the heads up and to whoever edited it out.  Wasn't aware that you couldn't post it, although I guess that makes sense.

And yeah, I figured that it could just be the topic.  I was just wondering if there are any techniques to help increase it further.

1. WryLilt profile image86
        WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well by the looks of it you haven't done the one thing I mentioned that could easily increase it - get the Adsense block first thing top right. That means moving down any pictures beside the second text capsule. That's the highest click through spot on the page.

Dalyinxposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, sorry.  I was a little flustered by the CTR thing and didn't read your post as thoroughly as I could.  I moved the ad, so hopefully that works.  Thank you.

Good luck. I've found that worked wonders for my CTR once I started doing it. And I'd recommend doing that on EVERY hub even those aimed at Amazon sales.

1. ThomasE profile image82
              ThomasEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hm... does that stop you getting as high an Amazon click through rate, though?

From what I've seen, the 'browsers' will click Adsense adverts, while the 'buyers' will continue on down.

1. ThomasE profile image82
                  ThomasEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's interesting, i think I might try that on my new hubs for a while.

working