jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Seo Tips and Hints??

1. caninecrtitics profile image64
    caninecrtiticsposted 5 years ago

Ok I get a little on SEO.  But i'm looking for some tips because i know everyone else is.  With Keyword research i use Google keyword tool but it's hard to find out a starting point.  Also with ranking for keywords how do you get your specific keywords to rank.  Do you bold them in th text a couple of times.  I know you want the select keywords in the title and url but is that it.  And backlinking doesn't seem as important now since i read alot of hubbers don't worry about it anymore.  I use the imautomater but i don't see any difference in traffic to get my link out their.

Then for a keyword i rank in google for at position 9 out of 600,000 results how would one climb up the results, i know updating the hub is one but theirs got to be more ways to do it. I know having better follow links than the competitor but some i do and still don't rank well.  Some have no lins at all and still rank better than my 12 links of different PR (Page Rank)

I'm not asking for people to reveal your secrets but a couple of tips or hints for other fellow hubbers to help them understand the SEO process and aren't confused by all the misleading sources all over he internet.

Thank You.

2. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 5 years ago

Read Peter Hoggan's hubs. smile

1. Article Magick profile image61
      Article Magickposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Agree 100% .. Peter is the best !

3. Richieb799 profile image65
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

For keywords to maximize their true potential you need to pick topics with low competition but with a high number of searchers - keywordeye is a good tool for finding these.
    Also I believe backlinking is still important, especially on high competition webpages, I have several hubs which are constantly fluttering between 3-5 on Google's page one and when I keep backlinking they rise back up again.
    If you ever get on page one of Google, never change the text in your hubs, this can make your hub drop.
    These are just my opinions.

1. akeetlebeetle profile image82
      akeetlebeetleposted 5 years ago in reply to this

From personal experience, Google will just re-index it and unless you change something that was causing it to rank high, it should end up back at the same spot (or even higher).

But I do agree that you're taking a risk. If it's something minor like a typo, I wouldn't upset a page 1 rank for that.

4. caninecrtitics profile image64
    caninecrtiticsposted 5 years ago

I agree with not changing it but where are good things or pages for backlinks?