jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Pride and arrogance of the American Government.

1. 0
    JASON NICHOLSposted 5 years ago

I believe that it is the pride and arrogance of the American Government and its officials senators and congessmen alike that drive the people crazy.

1) When Obama came to Toronto for the G-8 G-20 summits, did he really need 4 helicopter gunships to accompany him in his movements. He arrived in Airforce One, He had his bulletproof bomb proof Limo, and US. Marine One to buzz around in so why the 4 gunships?

2) When president obama went to mumbai, India on his trip. Did he really need 10 to 15 helicopter gunships, Fighter planes and warships when he only came to maintain peace and increase relationship with the country India?

1. 0
      Brenda Durhamposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think he needed to stay home and try to make things better right here in the U.S.A.   Preferably by resigning, moving back to Chicago and lookin' for a real job where he has to actually do some work.  Then he might have some understanding of what being an honest American citizen is all about.   Instead, he's on a mission to not only make history, but to re-make it to his own liking.

1. skyfire profile image74
        skyfireposted 5 years ago in reply to this

And give presidentship to cartoons like sarah palin and glen beck ? wink

2. Ron Montgomery profile image59
        Ron Montgomeryposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Do you have such an understanding?

1. 0
          Brenda Durhamposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yup.  Worked outside the home about 20 years of my life, 15 of which were years for one company, to take care of my two kids;  started out at $4.25 per hour, and by the time I quit I was only making around $9.   But it put a roof over our heads, plus it's good for a person to know what it's like to work for a living.

2. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

I have no trouble thinking the President needs very heavy security when travelling overseas, and probably domestically too.  He probably gets credible death threats on a dailly basis.