jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Hubscore dropping down in few minutes of publishing!!!

1. weblog profile image59
    weblogposted 8 years ago

I just saw a hub(not mine) that has score 43 in 15 minutes of publishing. Normally it's 50 when getting published...Right?

Is there a known reason for hubscore to come suddenly down?

2. Whitney05 profile image67
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

That's normal. It's not uncommon for a hub to drop a few points after first publication, and as traffic comes to the hub, the score will usually stabilize after a week or so, sometimes a little longer.

3. thranax profile image60
    thranaxposted 8 years ago

Well, it takes time for the Hubscore to really reflect the content offered. If after a week the Hubscore isn't at around ~65 then I think thats a good sign to "rewrite or add to". You really shouldn't worry about the Hubscore till after it is indexed by Google and about 30 people view it (or one week, whatever comes first). But this is your own discretion, I love having all my hubs at least 70 or higher, I look at it almost like a grade from school. 0-60 Fail, 61-69 Ok, 70-75- Average, 76-80 Above Average, 81-85 Great, 86-90 Awesome, 91-95 Extreme, 96-100 All Star Blow out smile

That's just my personal look on my own Hubscores. I don't apply that ranking till a few days after I publish. Just because it is low doesn't mean its bad as the score isn't based upon what is being said in the article.

4. 02SmithA profile image60
    02SmithAposted 8 years ago

I worried at first too, mine all the do the same thing. Give it some time before stressing out about it! It will come up.

5. weblog profile image59
    weblogposted 8 years ago

Ok, I can understand. But, still this makes me to wonder: While looking at hubtivity I saw a hub has got a score of 63 in just 5 minutes after publishing Normally, it's only 50(score) for every new hub at beginning. (that hub has something about GAY as the title says, I didn't read the hub) How? Is it because of hot topic? Or google indexed so fast??

6. premsingh profile image60
    premsinghposted 8 years ago

if you are worried for dropping down of hubscore you leave it unpublished for sometime and then publish it.

weblogposted 8 years ago in reply to this

If you can read it well, I was not talking about my hubs. It's clearly mentioned smile

1. Whitney05 profile image67
        Whitney05posted 8 years ago in reply to this

What presingh is trying to say when creating a new hub, if you leave it unpublished for several days and work on it throughout a longer period before publishing, the score is typically higher than if you open a new url, type up the hub, and publish it all in one day/sitting. This is why you could have seen the newly published hub with a score of 63, versus 50ish or lower.

Oh fine. Thanks Whitney, understood smile

7. darkside profile image83
    darksideposted 8 years ago

I've seen unpublished hubs drip down after a while. I know, because I went and claimed a bunch of URL's after I published my first few capstone hubs and figured I better just grab the whole set.

It would seem that they have a slight rise, but after a while they can dip.

It's no biggie. You initial HubScore has no bearing on 1) what HubScore that it will eventually rise to (keeping in mind that it'll fluctuate according to traffic anyway) and 2) the quality of your content.

Thank you Darkside