jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Fiction Work

1. rrnbob profile image61
    rrnbobposted 6 years ago

I'm just throwing it out there, but I kinda think a sort of sister-site with fiction (short-stories, poems, etc) would be a neat idea.

1. Shadesbreath profile image87
      Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I've been trying for two years to get HP to put together a QUALITY fiction section.  With Kindle and Ipad and all the writer-friendly aps for cheap publication, and with the writer lure that HP has, it could be awesome and popular. 

The American Idol of online fiction.

Not like they don't have all the talent they need in every aspect of it right here already. All the technical people, all the literary qualifications, etc.

I'd even run it for them if they'd respond to my suggestions in these threads or the two or three emails I've sent.  Eventually they'll see it, or someone else will see it and, with a little "re-invention of the wheel" pull the creative writers off.

rrnbobposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well, I'm glad someone agrees with me. I think a fiction section would be a great addition, since I know personally, I love writing, but articles and I don't get along.

I know I'd be much more active if I could post some of my short stories, or poems.

1. WryLilt profile image88
          WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You can still post your stories and poems - a lot of writers here do.

http://hubpages.com/topics/books-litera … riting/631

the key word in this thread is "quality." This site is designed for non-fiction articles. While you can post short stories and poems, it's not exactly supported by any means, and that's what I'm suggesting.

2. rrnbob profile image61

So, do you think if we get enough people talkingabout it, that it could happen?

2. arthurchappell profile image59
    arthurchappellposted 6 years ago

A fiction and poetry sub section would be terrific

3. rrnbob profile image61
    rrnbobposted 6 years ago

Alright, so we have three people agreeing... That's a start

working