jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Help with referral code url trackers

1. 02SmithA profile image60
    02SmithAposted 9 years ago

I am a little confused with the referral code url trackers. I was trying to setup one of my own, but if I do that is it just a link put at the bottom of an already made hub? Is there anyway to have direct link to the signup page for Hubpages?

2. premsingh profile image60
    premsinghposted 9 years ago

please know everything about referral trackers here written in a very simple way. http://hubpages.com/hub/Suggestions--to … ffectively

1. 02SmithA profile image60
      02SmithAposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Thank you.. that did help some, but I still don't know if I can send out just a link that sends someone right to the signup page at hubpages rather than one of my blogs? Is that possible? Thanks!

3. premsingh profile image60
    premsinghposted 9 years ago

The link you are sending to someone must have the referral tracker. It is very simple. Default trackers are difficult to remember. You can create a simple tracker like smith and insert it in the URL you are sending to someone. Just insert it before /hub/  as  shown here          /_smith/hub/
    A link is enough.You need not send a blog. people can come to your blog by clicking that link.

4. 02SmithA profile image60

Got it set up, thanks! So there isn't a way to have our referral code tracked by sending someone straight to a signup page? I have mine working correctly, but I think its less likely someone will signup when having navigate to the join button. I know some of the other sites do have a direct referral link to the signup page, so I just want to make sure. Thanks for the help premsingh! Sorry if I'm a hassle, just trying to learn as quickly as possible! Thanks!

5. StefanMDP profile image65
    StefanMDPposted 9 years ago

http:/ /hubpages.com/_smith/user/new/

6. 02SmithA profile image60

Thank you!

working