jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

In China What is 2011 The Year of?

1. Joy56 profile image60
    Joy56posted 6 years ago

Just wondering?

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago

...the rabbit...

3. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago

...more....

"According to Chinese tradition, the Rabbit brings a year in which you can catch your breath and calm your nerves.  It is a time for negotiation.  Don't try to force issues, because if you do you will ultimately fail.  To gain the greatest benefits from this time, focus on home, family, security, diplomacy, and your relationships with women and children.   Make it a goal to create a safe, peaceful lifestyle, so you will be able to calmly deal with any problem that may arise."...(cut and pasted this)   sounds good to me!

i'm sure CM can add to this....?

I only cut and paste from the first bit of info i saw...so don't really know...it's the net right?

1. Nick Malizia profile image61
      Nick Maliziaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That whole quotation sounds like the basis of Taoism in general. It's all good advice. It's not about shaping the way, but understanding it and defending against possible dangers.

But this can be misconstrued as proselytizing (even though I think of Taoism more as Philosophy than Religion) so I'll leave it at that. big_smile

Happy Holidays this winter, whatever your background is.

1. Joy56 profile image60
        Joy56posted 6 years ago in reply to this

thanks a lot, where is he C. Man..... The year of the rabbit sounds good to me.

working