Putting all your eggs in one basket

1. nell79 profile image86
    nell79posted 5 years ago

After the changeover to Demand Studios from eHow, I looked for another place to do basically the same thing (and I'm still wishing I'd written a lot more over there, but things came up and I had to take a break before I ever really got started). I stumbled my way here, liked what I saw and didn't really look any further.

It seems many of the writers here have content on many other places (like Helium, Bukisa, Associated Content--and I'm sure there's many more I'm not aware of). I'm wondering if it would be counterproductive to spread my writing out over several sites, but not knowing a whole lot on this subject, I'd love to find out if it's more lucrative to do things that way. For those of you who write elsewhere, are you having more success in utilizing those other avenues? Is there much difference from place to place?

2. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 5 years ago

You have to diversify your income streams to protect yourself. Ultimately your goal should be to have your own website(s), if you seriously want to make money online.

HP, Squidoo, Snipsly, and others should all be part of a portfolio producing income.

1. nell79 profile image86
      nell79posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Is one any better than another?

I actually do have my own website, but it's a blog, so things get buried pretty quickly. I mostly do that for fun. Perhaps the wrong attitude for making money...