jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

question about tag pages

1. Product Zone profile image54
    Product Zoneposted 6 years ago

I read the hub below about on page seo. I entered the question below in the comment section of the hub, but didn't get a response.  I wondered if someone here could explain what he is talking about with tag pages.

Thanks,

Dan

http://hubpages.com/hub/Get-traffic-wit … nt-4439007

You say in the post that "using tag pages in order to get internal links will give you a boost on top of the powerful built in interlinking that HP already employs. This is essentially what a HP tag is, an inbound link from within the site that you can control."

What is a tag page and where do I find it and utilize it? Also, you say that you can control your HP tags. Does that just mean when you are setting up your hub you put the tags in? Is that what you mean by control or is there something more you can do to "control" you HP tags?

1. lrohner profile image84
      lrohnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes. You are in control of your own tags, and from what I've seen, you need to bump yours up a bit. You should have a few fairly generic ones and then more that are fairly focused.

If you click on one of your tags, it will bring up a page that lists all of the hubs on HP that have used the same tag, essentially giving your hub an internal link.

1. Product Zone profile image54
        Product Zoneposted 6 years ago in reply to this

thanks for your reply. so, when I am setting up a hub and putting in my tags should I put the tags specific to my keyword first and then put some general ones after that? Or does it not matter what order I put them in? I didn't know if the first one was considered your primary keyword or anything like that.

1. saleheensblog profile image60
          saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

no order is needed

2. Pandoras Box profile image67
    Pandoras Boxposted 6 years ago

I would guess he's referring to the fact that every tag has a tag directory that links to every hub using that tag. The more tags you use in your hub (yes, the keywords that you enter) the more tag pages or tag directories they get listed in and linked back to your hub. Internal backlinks, but still..

So yes. An HP tag is more than just that, but for the purposes of what he is saying, it essentially works as an internal inbound link-maker.

3. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

working